Toribash
Original Post
Being more relaxed and getting more air.
When I do jumps while I'm relaxed, I never really get air, so it seems I'm kind of trapped into tensed up fighting

Any tutorials for the people who are still doing relatively symmetrical moves and are mostly tense?
Yeah, you probably wont get much air if you're relaxed and symmetrical at the same time.

Solution: don't be symmetrical

Though usually you shouldn't get much air anyway, fighting close to the ground is good.
Relaxed will always make you fly in the air better than Hold if you aren't being symmetrical. If you want a tutorial showing you people being relaxed, and jumping to the opponent to fight at them, I will post that link here now, but as they said:

A) Don't be symmetrical. Not only is it not effective but its predictable
B) Fighting close to the ground is generally a good thing.

Here is the link for you to follow: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=103078

Read what it says. After your done with a section, watch the replays that go with them so you understand what I am talking about. Then after your done, post any questions you have.

~Hax
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
The ironic thing is that for the highest jump records, they are stiff and symmetrical.
Not ironic at all^

Held joints preserve their shape under stress and thus channel energy much better. Think of a soccer ball. A "relaxed" ball with hardly any air in it will not fly far at all when you kick it. But a firm hard one will.

Generally, don't feel inferior if you play stiffer than other players.
You should definitely learn to incorporate relaxed joints into your style where you need them, but don't buy into "the more relaxed the better" thing, because frankly it's not true.

Go to this guide and then to a section "Relax vs Hold" to see the uses of each.
Last edited by Odlov; Oct 4, 2009 at 04:14 AM.