Ranking
Original Post
Vista Toribash
I'm running Vista Home 64Bit after an upgrade and Tori now has a noticable stutter. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix?
Re: Vista Toribash
Upgrade graphics card, downgrade Windows. Everyone really by now should know that Windows never actually gets better, and that Vista is a resource hog when it comes to OSs.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
whats the frame rate difference?

Toribash uses OpenGL for graphics, you might need to download some drivers for that. We don't have Vista here yet so I have not tried TB out on it.
Qegola thats not a very well thought out statement. XP uses more resources than ME so that means ME is better? Err, no.

Vista is an overhaul of the Windows OS so it's going to have a lot of teething problems but in the long run, along with DX10 , it will be a very good system. Just give it time. With your logic are you using Win 95 by any chance? Well i think you should as it's 1337!!!! :

Thanks for the reply Hampa. It's not actually the frame rate thats suffering. I'm still getting around 60 fps on average. But there is a definate stutter. I'll try updating OpenGl drivers and see what happens.
Originally Posted by Duke_it
Qegola thats not a very well thought out statement. XP uses more resources than ME so that means ME is better? Err, no.

Vista is an overhaul of the Windows OS so it's going to have a lot of teething problems but in the long run, along with DX10 , it will be a very good system. Just give it time. With your logic are you using Win 95 by any chance? Well i think you should as it's 1337!!!! :

Thanks for the reply Hampa. It's not actually the frame rate thats suffering. I'm still getting around 60 fps on average. But there is a definate stutter. I'll try updating OpenGl drivers and see what happens.

Maybe what he was trying to say was that older PCs can't support Vista very much. I have gotten so much advice on how you shouldn't just buy Vista, you should buy a new PC and Vista, to support it.
Just as I remember buying XP when it came out into the open and played it on my old PC. It sucked.
<Imsku> One sentence at a time, I will work my way into everyone's signature.
<%Qegola> I shouldn't have slept with that dude in the subway...
Maybe so but saying Windows never gets better is obviously completely wrong otherwise everyone would use 95.

Hampa i think it may be an issue with the Nvidia drivers with Vista. A lot of people are posting a HUGE range of problems on Nvidia's forums. It looks like a lot of them are fixed but i think people are still suffering.

For example halfway through FEAR i end up with some very strange graphical glitches with shadows enabled. It also tends to drop my fps dramatically. This doesn't happen until mid way through the game and then stays until the end. Very strange.

As for OpenGL a couple of people have reported performance issues on the forums so it sounds like it's NVidia's problem. Guess i'll just have to wait it out.

At least i have CoH to keep me company.
Yea, I've had enough warnings from people, I'm waiting until Vista is smoothed over.
<Imsku> One sentence at a time, I will work my way into everyone's signature.
<%Qegola> I shouldn't have slept with that dude in the subway...
Get Linux or Mac they run twice as fast, not so much of a resource hogger AND they can look extremely sexy.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Why, veb? Do YOU have a sexed up computer? ;)

<suomynona> It might kill you, but, that's the worst it'll do
Yes. I run Linux with Beryl.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.