ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
How to jump video
Hey all,

I'm totally new to toribash, its so damn addictive it's unreal lol. I was just mucking about on it this morning trying to work out how to pull off the enemys head like in the "how to jump" video. It's annoying because it doesn't show you that in the video and i really can't work out how to do it. It looks kind of like he starts the kick before the feet meet the enemy, then possibly brings the hips in and arm movement when the feet connect with the neck area. But I really can't work out the exact tweaking of muscles to reproduce this, can anyone help me out?
Cheers
-Spec
Re: How to jump video
I have this excact same problem - kinda. My problem is in many of the replays I have seen, they just hit the head and grab it, then yank it off in mid-air! I have tried to replicate this many times but just can't seem to. Help needed and appreciated.
Okay. First off, those moves only really happen the one time, and it's usually some kind of byproduct. Many a time, I've tried to rotate them in midair, but ended up pulling off a really cool midair spin kick.

Of course, sometimes it's intentional. To get more power, it helps if they're moving in the opposite direction. So first, if you want to rip a head off, move their head down first, then yank it upwards sharply. Sometimes, you'll need to turn extra things, use your abs, pecs, etc. Just little things to tweak it slightly so that you can add even more strain to the neck.

As for you, spectre....

It's mostly practice. At first, my main concern was "how to not fall over", it progressed to "how to hit things before I have to worry about falling over" and then to "how to hit things with my legs' and then "how to grab effectively" and then "how to get a good stance in any situation" and then "how to throw in midair" and then just... "how to pwn even more". It's a gradual process. Trust me, I didn't start off being able to copy the "acromania" replay.

P.S. I will bow to NrgSpoon for actually doing this whole thing, it must've taken a long time.
Attached Files
acromania.rpl (262.0 KB, 342 views)
If you slap the head right from above so it presses downwards will most often break the neck joint easily, so any blow coming from above, or below (skimming through the back) will most often remove the head, also a direct blow to the neck does this.

For a simple decap, do the following;
85 distance
500/10

Hold all
Contract pecs
Raise shoulders
Space
Contract hips
Contract abs
Lower shoulders
Space(for the landing, continue here)
Space
Extend hips
Extend ankles
Extend elbows
Extend wrists
Raise shoulders
9x space
Extend abs
Contract hips
Lower shoulders
Space x2
Extend glutes
Extend hips
Raise shoulders
Extend pecs
Contract ankles
Space x10(now for the pose)
tap C so all are stiffened again
Contract ankles, knees, hips and glutes
Extend abs
Space X3
Extend neck
Extend ankles
Extend glutes
Contract abs
Extend pecs, lower shoulders (yes, i'm aware you'll land on your head, but nicely packed up)

What what? In the butt.
Originally Posted by danny_the_manny
foxies a girl ;) :P

What's your point?

Anyway, I find it the easiest to include the neck in any midair decap. For instance, if I Grab Ukes head and raise shoulders, then extend neck (it doesnt work otherwise) and contract hips, I end up doing a backflip over Uke, and have his head in my hands. I'll post a proper tutorial soon, I'm just in the middle of something else.
or you can just do this its my special way to decap and its very easy well
I dont know if anyone have done this before. but i do this move all the time oh and if you tweak it a little you can split uke in half too
Attached Files
[Evil]John_vs_uke-76886_5774.rpl (20.8 KB, 189 views)

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
i know i just want to help people out

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it