Toribash
Original Post
10k tourney
Add 10k tourney with higher belt restrictions (10th Dan or sum) I believe ppl would join and deal with the mild wait of a small tourney for 10k with "competitive mods" rotation
2.5k is usually filled (if ever) by 4 new players and 1 master belt or higher, it's kinda sad lmao

There's pretty much no other way of making TC (in-game, not going to forums n shits) after u milked the rewards from achievements

Also 15 mins wait for the 2.5k tourney is kinda.. :| nobody waits that long. So might be better to reduce that and maybe players would stay after one tourney ends cuz e v e r y o n e leaves when they read 15 mins till the next tourney. So it makes it unreasonable for anyone to join, both new players cuz of what I already explained and old players cuz goddamn 15 mins for 2.5k is just dumb

Maybe then betting servers would appear and be alive more often, cuz let's be real most of the TC is held by a small ass portion of the player base, and if they're not around, no bets happen cuz there's no TC obviously
ITEMS AND TC ARE WORTHLESS ON THIS GAME!!
U call waiting ages in an empty room until someone fills the tourney to win 1.5k or 2.5k to then wait at the very least another 15 minutes to repeat it again work? Lmfao
Samux, if you read other things people said going against this statement; Before you said it.

Originally Posted by samux57 View Post
Betting servers, who takes the DP and who does 99% of the betting? The same old players that have a gazillion hours in the game.

Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
Blame the learning curve n inability to maintain new players, yes the majority of tc is moved between the same players because they are the best. Usually the best in any game have the majority of the currency.

These people have all the tc due to putting in the hours and time to get good at the game and understand how the market works.

They SOMETIMES give TC, otherwise it's just st and items.

If you want to understand how the market works a little bit more I'm sure there's some people willing to show you.

I hope you find a solution to your problem with TC in toribash but I don't think it's the game's fault besides the steep learning curve.

Well the issue is how that steep learning curve is being handled tbh cuz it clearly isn't quite welcoming to players who want to learn and improve at the game but end up frustrated by how hard it is to get TC and progress at the game.You can separate toribash by 3 divisions.

-new player
-regular player
-veteran player

It's undeniable as of lately is getting harder and harder to find players in the middle section, leaving new players often facing veteran players. It's not reasonable to expect new players to "put in the effort and work" like this. And this currently happens often in the 2.5k tourney, Etourneys and betting servers. It's a grind with little to no reward.

But this is besides the point of the suggestion.
Right now the available permanent tourneys in-game are just useless and they can be made use of and potentially bring more activity in-game by increasing the prize and lowering the resetting time.
i’ve taken some time to rethink my opinion i still stand at 10k is too much but reintroducing the 5k tourney where the top 50 ranked players were only allowed to join would be a great start.
Although I do agree with some fair points your make (not many), I just can't agree with you on your demand for low effort high rewards.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
Seems u missed the part of "casual player" The reason why I didn't focus on Etourneys and events hosted by staff is precisely because of it. I am aware they do their job very well, however using these as example of how to earn money as a CASUAL player is kind of a yikes. Not only do they usually take significantly longer than the regular in-game tourneys but as you said "2 events per day on avg", meaning if a player happens to not log in while these 2 events per day happen, or even if they do happen to get in one of them but they lose once they're fucked
My focus is on the in-game tourneys that available rn, being 1.5k and 2.5k which are close to useless
A casual player won't bother to fuckin hunt events made by staff in order to earn tc because at that point it isn't casual.

Originally Posted by list View Post
The grind factor exists in every video game - i.e. if you wish to obtain a considerable amount of in-game currency, items, rewards; you have to put in the hours? I'm thinking out loud here. My point may be summarized as such that even for a "casual player" (unsure how you define it precisely), it is difficult to miss out on opportunities given the frequency they're available in.

I think part of this frustration could be solved easily.

Why do players want TC in the first play? To buy colors and other items to customise their toris and shit. The problem is a good chunk of these items cost wayyy to much (with respect to amount of games won and time spent). Like, they're absurdly expensive.

10tc per win, match takes 2 minutes, 30 matches to an hour (with no queue). Assume a standard 50% winrate and you're getting a grand total of 150TC per hour. Blossom blood would take around 70 hours to buy from the store lol. You can buy items quite cheaper on the market sure, but their price is ultimately also affected by their base price in the shop. Getting enough TC to get together a full set of pretty much any color would require an insane amount of grinding.

Make the items cheaper. That won't happen though, cus else newbies will have less reason to buy TC and provide hampa with his passive income.
Sure would make for a better game experience for newer people though.

Also, I think Samux is right when he talks about the casual player not being aware of all the various events and stuff going on. It's not like there's a regular day every week where there's just constantly tourneys on every single hour. It's very hit and miss for the casual player whether there's an ingame event on when they themselves are online. It's an even further hit and miss when you consider their odds of winning.
Last edited by Ele; Jan 12, 2023 at 05:21 PM.
"Make the items cheaper. That won't happen though, cus else newbies will have less reason to buy TC and provide hampa with his passive income.
Sure would make for a better game experience for newer people though."

new player experience:

load up toribash

join public server
watch one guy who looks really sick destroy everyone in the lobby one by one for 30 minutes
u load in looking like a clone of every other chump getting rocked
lose because the other guy has been playing for 7 years
now u get to wait 30 minutes again
in the mean time u ask how do u customize ur guy
find out u have to do that process tens of thousands of times, not only to get "good", but to get past qi requirements for colors as basic as BLACK AND WHITE LOL

and u know what's even crazier? doing that process 20 thousand times only grants you the privilege to buy those colors, and as ele said, "
Getting enough TC to get together a full set of pretty much any color would require an insane amount of grinding."

-----
Originally Posted by Nurse View Post
if casual players want items they will have to work for it

i hope ur not one of the people wondering why this game will never make a comeback
-----
Originally Posted by list View Post
Although I do agree with some fair points your make (not many), I just can't agree with you on your demand for low effort high rewards.

you can't agree with him on it because u know 99% of everyone who has any real amount of tc spent real $ on it and that would piss them off lol, not because what they're asking is unreasonable
-----
Originally Posted by Bonzi View Post
These people have all the tc due to putting in the hours and time to get good at the game and understand how the market works.

i think you typed hours when u meant to type 5+ years
Last edited by unbandemon; Jan 14, 2023 at 01:04 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
There's people who start off with near nothing and end up with millions of TC without having to muster up any USD to begin with. There are a small minority yes but it's not impossible. Two examples would be rags to riches participants and everyday duelers in lobbies. Both involve the notion of investing enough time to acquire some sort of skill inclining you towards the goal of obtaining more TC. 99% however would be no where near accurate.

The idea that (albeit not ridiculously high tier but sure,) mid tier items should be just as easily accessible isn't realistic or practical for that matter. The value and demand of an item is not only dictated by the appeal but its worth in in-game currency. Say if a mid-tier desirable color such as Azurite was obtainable via a week of game-play, I highly doubt a player would feel the sense of achievement they sought out for (or didn't). Instead, they'd look up at other stuff you could only realistically get with real money and desire those items much strongly. In the end, its just frustration observed in every game (that involves purchases with real currencies) of "that item is so sick, why does it cost so much?"

Where the item is probably sick because it costs so much and the only easy way to get it is spending real money.

An alternative would be a couple of freshly launched beginner tier colors I would presume.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot