Ranking
Original Post
Inventory could be so much better
I brought this up before a few times but I still don't understand why the inventory system is so 2000s. Just about anything could be revorked in this ancient system to make it so much better, more convenient and nicer to work with.

Here's some of my personal gripes with it. Some of it might only apply to the website inventory, I never use in-game one so can't comment on that.
  • Sets are atrocious, can't be ordered in any way, about the only thing you can change about it is the name, but the position is pre-determined. Customisation in terms of its display image would also be very useful.
  • Adding items to sets is really annoying, especially if you have a lot of sets. Looking for one name in a dropdown of 100 of them is not easy. Should just be drag and drop at this point.
  • Can't deactivate/activate few items at once unless you're activating/deactivating a set. Activating/deactivating several items in a set requires individual actions.
  • Visually the inventory system looks cluttered, and uses screen space very inefficiently. Half of the screen is white space when it could be several colums of items.
  • Hyperlinks everywhere, instead of buttons like it should be.
  • There's no visual distinction between activated and deactivated items in a set, the only way to tell them apart is the "activate/deactivate" button.
  • Managing textures is atrocious, although that is probably a separate issue altogether.

I'm sure people have other things to add to that as well. The point is that it's an extremely outdated system and I think it has not been receiving the developers' attention that it deserves.

Here's small wireframe i put together of what I think it should look more like. One of many different layouts that would be significantly better than now.

example

Last edited by Smaguris; Apr 20, 2023 at 10:06 PM.
I like the suggestion with the grid view.
I also like the idea with ordering the sets, although for me personally this has never been an issue.

Regarding multiple listing, you can do that already in the market. You have all the relevant info and items are order alphabetically.
Attached Thumbnails
Market.jpg  
Last edited by Chirox; Apr 20, 2023 at 12:07 PM.
Originally Posted by Chirox View Post
I like the suggestion with the grid view.
I also like the idea with ordering the sets, although for me personally this has never been an issue.

Regarding multiple listing, you can do that already in the market. You have all the relevant info and items are order alphabetically.

Oh, wasn't aware, that's nice. I'll edit it down to avoid confusion!