Ranking
Original Post
BATTLEPASS: MAY

MAY BATTLEPASS IS HERE!

HOW IT WORKS

This time around we're back with a new colour!

Rotten is here, and with it come various new items!

To see the complete look check the spoiler below!

PREVIEW

What's new:
  • More ways to get XP, from new quests to double XP weekends! Keep an eye out for them, we'll be announcing them in #news.
  • New quest mods for the community to explore. Expect even more options next month!
  • Rotating mods! Public lobbies will have their share of fun. Pendulum Jumper is back, get your head into the groove!
  • Better xp scaling, playing longer games (spar/parkour/MAS) will now be a more viable way to gain levels.

Woah, awesome stuff!
mattm8r , korsir , quadragnos , jtheory , sc00t3r , disciple , rushpl , instantteddy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
⬡----- Make Toribash Great Forever------
nice! maybe a purple arcade type theme for the next battle pass would be cool too!
Swexx | Beta | Internet | Erth| Orko | Suck | Water | Numbers |
|
Blah
|

Edit: I posted this image because the new color is called Rotten. Come on guys.
Last edited by Corey; May 18, 2023 at 03:33 AM.
Originally Posted by melrose View Post
Please leave comments regarding the BP on the main thread in Events, I know the Event board rules are a bit strict in this department but I appreciate any interaction to help make it better. We're still experimenting with finding the sweet spot for BP completion, our main goal is to have it be a completely reachable goal for new players and bring some challenge to veteran players.

Obviously it'll always be a hit or miss at first with xp threshold, but the statistics we were able to gather from the past few months is allowing us to work on making it better. Do expect another survey sometime soon, and make sure to share your thoughts then! There might be a team of dedicated staff members (first and foremost Item Forgers) making it happen, but your opinion matters in shaping the BP into an exciting monthly event!

plus Sora is just an epic gamer and that's just called being built different

So since melrose told me to post here regarding the BP I'll just do that. I completed the BP under 2 days and posted my opinion on the Off-Topic thread so I won't repeat what I said there. Instead just CLICK here if you're curious.

The BP has definitely became more fun with this update and it was progressive. New players are probably liking it. I would say the BP is halfway there with this update. It has two issues that needs to be adressed in my opinion.

1. Too short for veteran players.
It can be completed within a day if you put your mind to it. The quests are just too short sometimes + you can't run out of them at all. It was supposed to be a monthly event but it's just too short. Playing around with the quests can fix this problem.

2. The quests are too easy and repetitive.
This is not really a problem for everyone or perhaps I'm the only one who is bothered by it. Most of the quests I completed were the same. There was no difference between level 5 and level 20. The win 5 times quest I completed around 10 times and the rest was always either dismember a player, play 10 games, play 20 games, play 40 games. Also the quests overlap so if you complete the play 40 games you basically complete the other two I mentioned. I think its okay to add more levels, better rewards and make it increasingly harder as you progress for example by adding more specific quests: Decapitate your opponent in aikido.tbm, reach 50000 points in one round etc, etc.

You can make it a good weeks long event with worthy rewards.
NO TITLE
Originally Posted by Sora View Post

1. Too short for veteran players.
It can be completed within a day if you put your mind to it. The quests are just too short sometimes + you can't run out of them at all. It was supposed to be a monthly event but it's just too short. Playing around with the quests can fix this problem.

2. The quests are too easy and repetitive.
This is not really a problem for everyone or perhaps I'm the only one who is bothered by it. Most of the quests I completed were the same. There was no difference between level 5 and level 20. The win 5 times quest I completed around 10 times and the rest was always either dismember a player, play 10 games, play 20 games, play 40 games. Also the quests overlap so if you complete the play 40 games you basically complete the other two I mentioned. I think its okay to add more levels, better rewards and make it increasingly harder as you progress for example by adding more specific quests: Decapitate your opponent in aikido.tbm, reach 50000 points in one round etc, etc.

You can make it a good weeks long event with worthy rewards.

We're looking into it right now, and though we didn't expect people to have such ease completing the whole event that was meant to take a month in a few days (unless they bought levels with ST, you cheeky babes), it's nice to see people as dedicated! Expect some changes for the next month, hopefully they'll make it engaging for longer.

We could have quests be more difficult for veterans, but then what would be the point in forcing people to do more for the same outcome. At the end of the day we have other ideas on how to engage those that are truly on the grind. To see what we have in store you'll have to wait a bit longer, but I promise it's really worth the wait!
felt a bit too easy to complete, also i think the xp quests for premium players should be turned into small amounts of tc like 100 after they're done with the bp but they are slower
shelby#8266
listen to my music! | commission me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify