Ranking
Original Post
Trainer Needed?
Hello, I am GeeNious. In real life my name is Vince and I have been playing Toribash for just under a year now. I am of Brown Belt rank but do not feel as though I have Brown Belt skill. I am looking for someone who is of Black Belt rank or higher and can mentor me into becoming a better player. I always feel at a disadvantage when I play mods that require some actual skill, e.g judo, akkido, etc. If anyone can help me out or point me on the right direction, that would be much appreciated.
Judo doesn't exactly take skill. You hang on and see if it dismembers for some reason.

Anyways, as it comes to mentors. It's not exactly possible to teach people in Toribash. And if it is, it's highly difficult. What most people do, is just keep playing. I didn't become good at this game till I was, like, 3rd Dan Black Belt. And now look at me. I'm 6th Dan and holding a global rank of 8,000 something.

You just got to keep playing with people till you get the hang of it. Learn what each joint does, and learn from their combinations from your previous matches. It'll come in handy. Hope to see you in game.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Yeah, what he said^^.. Actually what i do is look at the autosaved replays and look at my replays and i observe wat i did wrong.. also, I observe cool replays made by good players(e.g. largeKilla) and try to mimic what they do Just practice :3 i'm only a brown belt xD
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
I can help out with Aikkido and aikkido variants but judo is beyond me.
-----
if ya want to train type in
/rf -refreshes server list
/sa [Nitro] - will find any nitro members on, will also give a room name, then you do
/jo Room name - if ya find me just whisper me that i offered to train with ya as my memory is spotty sometimes xD
Last edited by Day; Apr 13, 2015 at 10:27 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
Judo is simple, hold all to reduce damage as well as grab opponent. All there is to it really.
Now now.

It IS possible to teach people how to get better at Toribash, and judo is more than grabbing and praying (Even though I think judo is a bad mod).

You can teach techniques, tips and what not. Toribash isn't based on realism, just human like motion.

You can"/rf" and "/sa Swepples" for tips from me as well!
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A way I helped people is play some mods with them, for example, for aikido I played a lot of soccer and handball mods, it helps me to be quick on the feet and at the same time makes you think ahead. You don't necessary need to practice only in a single mod, you can take experiences from others and use it for the mod, of course I'm not saying just quit playing judo and start playing other mods, but practice on judo plus other several mods.
|Evil|
I don't exist
If you need help, I can teach you some more advanced things like keeping your knees relaxed and how to use relax to fight. You won't have to pay me and I'll even teach you my opener.
I am 4th in Aikido and 15th in the world in Toribash . I am an MLG legend with a 90% win ratio.

When playing Aikido do the following.

First turn.

Hold all (c)
Lower arms
Contract chest
Contract Abs
Extend Hips
Grab (v)

Second turn

Raise arms

What you do from here on depends on what the opponent does. When I tried to explain the way to win more thoroughly my thread got deleted since I basically beat Aikido. I am MLG afterall.
They see me shovel / They are whinging, they rage quit / They are defeated
Your win ratio is 89.1%. Not 90%. How dare you lie to us! >.<

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."