Toribash
Original Post
marketting
whats the best way to essentially use the market to get tc? without exploiting anything of course? just a festips on buying and selling tc account flames or items?

thanks

-THJ
Buy in item forums and sell in market (dealfinder). In item forums it's almost always cheaper than dealfinder.

Also, there are a lot of small tricks that you learn while you're marketting.
what sort of tricks? i'd kind of like someone to go indepth.

what to do, what not to do... just so i can get started.

-THJ
Last edited by TopHatJack; Feb 3, 2010 at 09:35 AM.
when you get some more tc you can forge flames and sel aswhell.

but when you havnt got as much, i think making textures would be the best bet
Swedish Viking
thanks bob, and yeah revengr since i started toribash i have tried to make heads. i'll see how things go. if all else fails, i'll raise money another way.

-THJ
Personally, I find buying through the items board and selling through a YOUshop makes the highest profit, but isn't quite as fast as direct selling.

If you're going to sell through the items board, try to watch for trends in sale, worthless items can and do pick up in price, depending on demand.
I generally find the best way to acquire TC is through the purchasing of TC and using this pool of TC to make money. As the saying goes "You need to have money to make money". This of course doesn't apply if you're an artist; however, simply by purchasing a great deal of TC one can acquire a great deal of profit with the "buy low sell high" method.

Here is how a pattern of buy-low sell-high works for me, or atleast an example of when I have practiced this: I purchased an Icon for $20, because someone was leaving the game and needs $$$ not TC. This icon was sold, with time, for 500k. With the 500k, I can sell the 500k for $50. With this $50 I purchased a demon pack, which in turn was sold for 750k. This $20 investment ultimately gave me about $75, a $50 profit. Putting that into perspective, I have gained 500k through patience, deal finding, and timing.

This is a process you may want to hone. But the best tips I can offer before trying to do such are:

1) Be willing to wait. A prime example of having to be patient with selling items is Blood Vodka. I purchased Blood Vodka for 250k, and I couldn't receive more than that for quite sometime if I tried to sell it. However, I eventually sold the item for 350k. Now, that doesn't sound like a lot, but 100k is a rather big deal. It's the difference between an above average texture set, to an incredibly nice work of art.

2) KNOW THE PRICES! Toooo many people try this strategy, and get con'd into losing TC. Why? Because they try to make these large moves that are "limited time offers" and are "low in supply" without first researching the prices. "I can sell a Blood Vodka for 500k, but I don't really want to wait that long. So. I will sell it to you for 400k?". The new to the game merchant says "I don't know...maybe...". The seller continues "I can tell you I won't have this item long at this price.". The new merchant says "Fine, can you do 375k?". The seller says "only because I want this thing gone.". And now he sold a 250k item norm for 125k more than the average price, and the new merchant feels accomplished on "saving 125k" thinking it's worth 500k. He is dead wrong. He is now stuck with an item that only has collector's value. Don't fall into these traps. Know your product before you invest.

Anything else you need to know, PM me.

~Hax
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!