Ranking
Original Post
I Need help.... I cant understand running...
Please help I cant run. My username is Yftoshi on toribash and my steam username is Kasstrobe
running is a pain in the ass to get, give it time.
My recommendation, do stuff by the book (the tutorial that jkawig so graciously provided) for a bit until you are comfortable with that, then try experimenting with little movements of the joints such as your lumbar chest and pecs (when you move your these joints, you are moving them to maintain balance only btw.) compare how far you can run with a generic run done "by the book" to a run you modified with you can run when adjusting your balance using the joints above

ProTip: if your movements with your adjustments are too rapid/strong or go for longer than you intended, press SHIFT + SPACE in order to move one frame at a time for precise movements.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
Something that helped me an extreme amount in understanding to and learning how to run ingame was going outside to jog for a bit. Not many people think about how they run in real life right? So think about what in you're body you're moving and you should understand how to run ingame a decent amount. Then again I think in a weird way so this may just seem like absolute b.s. to you.
The Future is Bulletproof
"How r people still in jail? Just make alts lol" -Wizard
that may throw new players off because in tb you run with your torso up horizontal however in real life you run (I think i don't run) with your torso vertical
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
As day said, go "by the book" until you are comfortable with what you're doing. By "comfortable" I don't mean you can take a certain amount of steps, or you're a pro, you just simply understand what does what, and what you can and can't do. Again, as day said, using shit+space is essential for running. A good thing to try is messing around with -30 gravity (running gravity) and simply trying to do spins, mess around (nothing advanced like a cork or a straight leg flip) experiment, find out what does and doesn't work. It will definitely help you understand joint movements. If you've gotten running relatively down, but you feel stuck, change the gravity to something higher than -30, like -60 or -90, and try to run for a bit. then change it back and running should feel much easier.
The Game Is Broken - Foxy