ES Recruitment Drive
Srry for bump and I might be wrong but i get my transparent .tga this way in CS3:
FAST & EASY method
(srry no pics cuz i got German PS CS3, so wouldn´t help you anyhow)
1. do your texture
2. delete the background layer
3. Merge all layers you need to 1 new (take care that you don´t merge a layer that messes your transparency, so background if you didn´t delete it)
4. [Strg]+[LMB] on your new merged layer to select its content
5. Now choose the lasso or any other selection tool and RIGHT-klick in the selection
6. choose "save selection"
7. name the selecton "1" for example, it doesn´t matter (the point "new channel" bleow schould be checked aoutomatically)
8. press OK to save the sellection
9. save as tga. while you still got the selection selected (you can deselect too, desn´t matter, but to be shure...)

PROBLEM:
The problem with this FAST and EASY method is that you only get full transparent or non transparent parts, so things like 50% transparency are not possible. If you want perfect transparency like you see it in CS3 then follow till step 3. and then save the file as .PNG, open the .PNG with gimp and save it as .tga!
You need GIMP but you got perfect n easy transparency then^^

greets
1st of THE5
Nightmare

EDIT:
warning: dont upload transparent .tga
The intern tga. converter on this homepage will convert the transparent .tga to .tga aggain!
this will mess up the transparency, so upload as .PNG instead^^
Last edited by Nightmare; Jun 22, 2008 at 11:47 AM.
Artist: Nightmare | Previous Owners: --- | Resolution: 512 | Modifications: On Request, No fee if simple

overpriced
im stuck, i can only get full transparancy. Can someone help?
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
photoshop is never for free, you either have to buy it or your computer has to start off with it

-snip-

User suspended. We do not discuss piracy/warez.
| GATA | Guild Wars 2 | Anime United |
Weird, when i play i cant see the 50% transparency, but when i press esc, it shows

Help needed please.
Thanks!
I finnaly understand QUANTUM PHYSICS!
and transparent textures with semi-transparency (Same thing if you ask me)