Toribash
Well there are situations in which you need to relax a joint to get what you want. Especially in multiplayer. In some occasions you want to extend a joint first and then contract it. This is rather used in indirect movements though. For instance relaxing a hip and contracting the knee. In the right situation the hip will stay the same while the knee contracts and then snap into its extend position (mostly used in air when you want to get the hip down) Good for getting a contracted knee behind you in aikido. Or relaxing a pec and contracting the elbow.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Speed is relax, and i think that force is for stiff

Relax is unpridictable, but stiff is harder to knock down...
In reality relax is not any more "unpredictable".

You can be stiff as a boner and still deceive your opponent better than if you were flopping around like a boiled noodle.

Unpredictability and deception is a trait of a good player, and is completely independent from what joint states they use more.
Last edited by Odlov; Oct 26, 2009 at 12:28 AM.
Look at how Nighend plays, his hold style kicks some serious ass. It doesn't look very fluid but jesus he can get some power.
NEW ACCOUNT: ZAPACHOO
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know how your joints work before trying to relax IMO. In sambo, a simple noob clap can push you out. Though I don't use hold sometimes, i just contract,extend and relax.
Last edited by raiz123; Oct 26, 2009 at 07:09 AM.
The person below is gay
Relax makes you look more "pro" in noob's eyes.
I mean, all noobs will be like "omg he is relaxed, it's so pro".
Originally Posted by Kordiss View Post
Relax makes you look more "pro" in noob's eyes.
I mean, all noobs will be like "omg he is relaxed, it's so pro".

All noobs will be like "omg how does he do that! i move so fast and weak and he moves stably and strong!"