Ranking
Re: hey hampa: toribash on Wii? or would it be too dangerous
Originally Posted by Qualified_Penguin
seriously, whats the point? everyone asks for these kind of games on the PSP and Wii and shit, and there is no point. What will you gain from using a controller instead of a mouse, if you've got access to this forum, then you have a computer, which means you can play toribash, so all i can say is:

There is no point.

And what abbout the some of us that go to the forums on our psp?! I posted this topic with my psps btw!

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
You people have actually used a wii? its got a pointer, and a mass of buttons on it, you could just point at the joint you want to manipulate, and press a button to do what you need it set to. You also would be able to have two people setting up their joints at the same time. The only problem i would see it trying to rotate the camera around... You would probablty need the Nunchuk for that, using the joystick and the buttons to move it around properly. You could have a gui image of each players character, and they change that instead of the model itself...

The Dev kit is still expensive for $2000, but if Nintendo thinks that your idea is worth investing in, they might give you a WiiDevkit to encourage you making them a game.

http://digg.com/gaming_news/RUMOR_Ni...e_Wii_Dev_Kits
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=11863
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/e...ctus/index.jsp (contacting Nintendo)

Assorted Wii info links. Enjoy.
<( O )>
yeah i have played a Wii and i think they are good, but it can be hard to aim the Wiimote and slipping up on toribash because you missed the joint you wanted to move would be frustrating.

and tertywerty, are you out of the house, posting on your psp, because if you did it at home then answer me this... why?
no no no lol it would make no sence at all to post this on my psp at my house i was currently at school hiding my psp under my desk and typing. lol :P

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
The way I see this it is possible to get it on the wii but it would have to be expanded to include extra features such as unlockable heads, mods, and possibly and arcade or story mode. Without expansions people wouldn't consider it worth buying since the computer version exists where heads and mods can be created or downloaded at will. Additionally, people would probably just find out about the version for the computer and buy that instead.
In the end it would probably be a complete waste of time and money.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I personally own a Wii (they are awesome)! Anyway, I have gone on the internet and tried to install toribash. The Wii Uses an Opera BETA browser and all that happens is an error. The Wii can even crash. But, what happens is that the Wii is not campatable with .zip or .exe or downloading anything. Also, if we could play toribash, you cannot open up a virtual keyboard manually. You have to click on a textbox. Maybe We could on the eventual Real Version of the Internet Browser for the Wii.
<PlayerID666> samule is the coolest guy around
Originally Posted by keersvvvlelvsvin
The way I see this it is possible to get it on the wii but it would have to be expanded to include extra features such as unlockable heads, mods, and possibly and arcade or story mode. Without expansions people wouldn't consider it worth buying since the computer version exists where heads and mods can be created or downloaded at will. Additionally, people would probably just find out about the version for the computer and buy that instead.
In the end it would probably be a complete waste of time and money.

Definently... its those little goals and things that you can earn that keep players playing. Online play should be easy with this, so it would be great to have players max out the assorted useless crap their character wears, and the powerups they can spend hard earned credits on.

Originally Posted by Samule
I personally own a Wii (they are awesome)! Anyway, I have gone on the internet and tried to install toribash. The Wii Uses an Opera BETA browser and all that happens is an error. The Wii can even crash. But, what happens is that the Wii is not campatable with .zip or .exe or downloading anything. Also, if we could play toribash, you cannot open up a virtual keyboard manually. You have to click on a textbox. Maybe We could on the eventual Real Version of the Internet Browser for the Wii.

We would be planning on having it part of the downloadable games that Nintendo Provides in their online arcade of games, like the classic GB ones.. .etc...
It would also be a completly new rewrite of the code to work on the wii... Why you even attempted to install a PC game on a Wii console is beyond me.
<( O )>
Originally Posted by [Kick
RageKiller ]
I love nintendo wii!!!

Almost the most useless post ever.

Anyway, back on topic, with a downloadable version of Toribash for the Wii, it wouldn't be a bad idea for the code to be rewritten as so to make it compatible with such systems. Mind, the effort and manhours are the price to pay.

Or, you could do as Cave Story has done - sold itself out (or, partly sold itself) to developers to rewrite the game for portable consoles (which is an excellent idea for an excellent game). However, doing this for Toribash would be more costly, but also perhaps more financially rewarding.

(BTW, Cave Story or Doukotsu Monogatari is a Metroid/Megaman style game. More fun though.)
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
Oooh, I found a new topic to mess with.

Toribash on Wii would be nice, but there is a large risk involved, and there's one BIG thing it won't have.

Communication, pplz.

Isn't it nice to take someone down and say "gg" and hear it back, and make clans, and other things you need to TALK to do? Yes, the fun of toribash would be restricted to playing, but never interacting. What is the fun in an online game where you can't talk to people? And please, nobody suggest that Wii keyboard screen. There's no way it's functional.

I think that Toribash on Wii would serve as little more than a marketing scheme. That being said... perhaps it would be nice to own something that says "Toribash" on it somewhere? Something kinda small, maybe something large... everyone just do something, wherever you are, to spread it around even more. There's at least one of us on every continent (except maybe Africa and Antarctica, someone prove me wrong, not trying to stereotype or insult anyone here), so if we all actually do something, it will have an effect.

Perhaps if we can make this big enough, something like Toribash on Wii won't be such a large risk anymore. Perhaps it might even happen.