Toribash
Originally Posted by Littodude View Post
I still won, did I not?

disqualification is a fair way to win, is it not?

Points do not matter if you disqualify. I ripped your arm off, and put it on the floor, DQing you.

You had "thrice the points of me" because you used that lame-ass opener, and I barely was able to grab back on to you and keep fighting.

That "lame-ass opener" is called a block, hun.

And I was trying to regrab but the kick pushed me away.
To be honest, the first post could use a little more.. modesty. I'm not surprised you just got a bit...criticised.

On a more relavent note, any move which involves running is lame. I can't imagine stroking a little damage off someone, and then bouncing to safety to be that much fun, for either player.
I don't mind it, even if it is used on me. If they can touch me, its my own fault. And to let them get away is my own fault too.
<PlayerID666> samule is the coolest guy around
Just a personal opinion that I neglected to include in my last post.

You have yet to 'master' Taek Kyon, because the only things you wrote in your posts are two moves, and and extremely short and basic description of the mode.

I'm talking about the insides. What's a good idea to do, what isn't. What to do if your opponent does this or that, etc.

This is not really a tutorial. More like a small description with a few moves.
Last edited by Jok; Jul 30, 2008 at 03:41 PM.
Originally Posted by Littodude View Post
I still won, did I not?

disqualification is a fair way to win, is it not?

Points do not matter if you disqualify. I ripped your arm off, and put it on the floor, DQing you.

You had "thrice the points of me" because you used that lame-ass opener, and I barely was able to grab back on to you and keep fighting.

I guess were having a bit of an arguement with running away/dq? It only matters if you win. And rank does not matter in any case, so it is not wise to brag about how you were rank one for some weeks, it does not mean that you are a master, not saying that you may not be one.

Tae Kwon is really not my type of fight, I like the fights where grappling and kicking/punches are executed in close-quartered-combat. A win is a win and points in the end do not mean anything if it results in a DQ. Techinicality and doing whatever you have in your power to win is key to becoming better.
Last edited by Drummer; Jul 30, 2008 at 08:21 PM.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
By the way vista has a nice tool called "Snipping tool" in all programs accesories. You can use it to make quick screenshots of windows

(or use alt+printscreen, but that takes longer as you have to paste it into a picture editing program)
:D