Ranking
I was one of the original writers, and im probably going to continue this, and finish everything for Moltee, so expect to see this updated ;]
Well I'm semi back... and already recieved some new articles from Tempo. So everybody who likes to contribute, please send your works to me and very soon I'll release a new version ;)
▼ [CW] ▼ [OoT] ▼ [OLDA] ▼ [some more stuff I can't remember... ♥ [Addicted]
Soooo... I'm having some time now and I rembered the Encyclopedia. In my opinion, even if Toriwiki exists again, this project deserves some more attention.

I recieved some articles from Tempo:

Boom
Boom, or boomhit is a term which is commonly used in replay making. Making a 'Boom' means that you hit Uke (The blue guy) and dismember at least THREE joints in one frame. Booms are sometimes hard to achieve unless you're an experienced replay maker.

Dismemberment
Is when a joint turns red and pop off the rest of the body. To get a 'dismemberment' you need to hit Uke (The blue guy) hard.

GUI Textures
They change the look of your Toribash menu. e.g. GUI splatter changes the texture of the blood splat in the menu.

MF
The abbreviation of 'Matchframes'.

ORMO
ORMO, The Official Replay Makers Organisation, is the group of the community's best singleplayer replay makers. Only the best of the best in replay maing may enter the doors of ORMO. The founder of ORMO is Splinter.

OLDA
OLDA, Over Legal Drinking Age, is an organisation which purpose is to bring the older members of Toribash community together. You may only enter if you're 18+. The founders of OLDA are Blotto and Deady.

Who else wants to add missing articles ? go go go
Why don't you add this to the wiki?

That way it's easier for us to find (we don't have to download a .doc file, it's a searchable webpage) and it's easier for other people to add to.

In case you didn't catch my link: http://wiki.toribash.com/
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
Yes that would be easier of cause... but I don't want to add all the articles to the wiki (If somebody copies an article and posts it on the wiki it would be ok for me but it would be nice to refer to the encyclopedia as the source)

I think a file with collected, corrected and maybe even approved articles is the best way at the moment but I'm planing to make a complete new thread for it, where everybody can contribute, correct, discuss and so on (But transfering the layout will be some work)

That's what I am thinking at the moment.
Originally Posted by Moltee View Post
Yes that would be easier of cause...Then why don't you? but I don't want to add all the articles to the wiki Again, why?(If somebody copies an article and posts it on the wiki it would be ok for me but it would be nice to refer to the encyclopedia as the source)Understandable.

I think a file with collected, corrected and maybe even approved articles is the best way at the moment The wiki is a user corrected, and moderator approved collection of articles on toribash. but I'm planing to make a complete new thread for it, where everybody can contribute, correct, discuss and so on The wiki only requires a user account to contribute, doesn't have a wait time, is correctable, and has discussion pages built in. (But transfering the layout will be some work) I don't understand this vOv

That's what I am thinking at the moment.

Running commentary courtesy the opposing viewpoint.

I really think your dedication to this would be better served on the wiki, but it's all up to you, all I can do is try to persuade you.
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
If somebody wants to take all the work to transfer the encyclopedia to the wiki, he should do it. (but thats too much work for me)

I am not a big fan of the wiki atm because most articles (I've seen) are outdated and need to be rewritten. The addition of the ency would be very helpful I guess... let's see if somebody wants to do it ^^