Toribash
Original Post
I'll give full 128 joints to whoever explains how insta dq works in lenshu3ng.
Has to be fully explained, along with how the dq timeout works as well

Initial offer was 15k tc, but i figured out this is going to be more complicated so i decided to raise it up with 128 joints.
Last edited by Empress; Oct 18, 2022 at 10:55 PM.
the dq timeout is exactly 5 frames. for a game that runs in 60fps (or 30fps if ur that kind of person) i think people tend to underestimate just how fast 5 frames is.

here is what you should do. look at whatever replay that an "instant dq" occurred and shift+space at the exact frame that you see the dq timer first appear.

no matter what, it should always be 5 frames. i've looked at many many replays too and u have to understand, 5 frames is really really fast.

this should also apply to different contacts on the floor too. 1 turnframe = 30 frames in lenshu right?

so anywhere within 30 frames if you touch the ground 5 times, you dq.

5 frames is nearly instantaneous.
Last edited by skizz; Oct 18, 2022 at 08:42 AM.
I don't know the method you used to measure this, but I used a single replay to check what you just explained, and it took more than 15 frames to dq.

and you missing the point, i want to avoid an instant dq, not know why it happened.

From what i been told there's two joints that'll do insta dq if it touches the ground simultaneously, i don't know if this a belief or a fact, but there was a couple of times that i barely touched the ground and it insta disqualified, there wasn't any timeout.
the way it was explained to me is that dqtimers don't start from 0 and count up to the specified dqtimer amount. say the dq timeout is 30 frames:

- instead of the timer starting from 0 on the first joint contact with the floor, there's a hidden timer in the background that counts up and resets every time 30 frames have passed

- if you manage to have a joint hit the ground at any point beyond when this timer resets, you have less than 30 frames to recover (e.g. joint triggers on frame 15/30, you only have 15 frames before dq)

- when the first contact occurs, as long as you haven't already dq'ed, the amount of time your joint was on the floor is saved. once the total equals the dq timeout, that's a dq

- if your joint touches the ground too close to when the background timer ticks up to 30, it skips checking for total frames and dq's you anyway

this could be complete bullshit but it's what i've heard
funny blue smiling person
please to be enjoying lowkido
let's bring minibash back!
i took out a replay from my autosave folder to check out what avenue explained me and its being logical so far, but heres my doubt

Since lenshu3ng dq timeout is set to 20, the timer has a multiple of 20 going from 450 to 430, 410, 390, 370, and in the case of this replay the DQ occurred in 351 and not 350 which mathematically should be the correct frame having in mind what avenue just explained.

Notice how in the replay i touched the ground with my elbow at frame 370 (timer should be reset by now, having 20 frames free to touch the ground freely) to therefore recover and touch again in frame 354 i proceed to dq in frame 351 which is one frame far from the timer.

why it happened if the margin is 20 and not 19?
Attached Files
Replay.rpl (27.5 KB, 3 views)
my best guess is that the first frame of the match counts as frame "1" for the invisible timer. this means that the start frame, 450, is counted as dqframe 1 in the 20-frame sequence. this would then make frame 431 frame "20", followed by 430 resetting it back to "1".
(this part is actually incorrect, it's just a coincidence that your first contact was on a frame that ended with 0 lol)

if this is true, your elbow touches at 370 (timer has just reset). the game could've kept checking for frames to DQ on in that 20-frame period between 370-350. when your elbow contacts again at 354, there might be a gap that gets filled (370 - 354, game believes 17 dqtimer frames have passed). that contact continues until 351 when you are DQ'ed, so 20 frames have elapsed since first contact.

-

i also disproved my first theory of there being a "frame total" that the game checks for. in the replay below, i contact my elbow with the ground more than enough times to get over 20 frames, but i'm not DQ'ed until frame 113. interestingly enough, my last elbow contact before being held down to DQ was 132.

if the last dqtimer reset took place on that frame, then that could mean the game checks between each 20-frame gap (with frame 1 being the first joint contact with the ground) to see if any new contact has taken place yet. if not, it forgets the "first" contact frame and looks for a new one. in this case, it had been a while since that contact at 132. the game looked at the following 19 frames after 132 (as 132 is frame "1") to find a new contact and managed to find some instances that lined up. this results in the 20-frame (technically 19) difference that DQ'd me.
Attached Files
dqtimer_test.rpl (89.2 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by avenue; Oct 18, 2022 at 11:32 PM.
I don't want anything as a reward.

As far as I tested this with Jenson, the most accepted theory is that when your touch specific parts of your joints, such as the sides of your elbow, you make alot of microtouches on the ground and then you generate an insta dq. You can also get insta dq'd by touching 3 joints at the same time with specific positions, again making microtouches that generates an instadq.
what does the number of contacts with the ground have to do with a dqtimer though
Originally Posted by avenue View Post
what does the number of contacts with the ground have to do with a dqtimer though

That's something probably only sir would know. My theory is based on the endless games I've played testing that, don't know about the game logic it self.
another option at that mod is just being good and avoid situations like that like u guys r going way too into detail for this