Ranking
Original Post
How do I make a POV-Ray Movie??
How do i make a pov-ray movie? i can make screenshots in pov-ray but not movies.
"HOLY [insert a sweard word of your choice here]!!"
Read the tutorial carefully.

Once you've rendered everything in POV-Ray, you'll have to link the images together somehow. A good program to use for this is Virtual Dub. Once you've installed Virtual Dub, open it, then follow File -> Open Video File -> Change "Files Of Type" at the bottom from "All Types" to "Image Sequence". Then find the rendered images (they should be in the Raytrace folder, with the POV-Ray Animation file) and click on the first one (animation001.xxx or whatever it's called). Virtual Dub will load all the images and seqence them into an animation.

You can then:
Apply filters (Video -> Filters -> Add...)
Apply a sound .wav, if you have one to hand (Audio -> WAV Audio)
Change FPS and other settings (Video and Options tabs)

Then save as a .avi (File -> Save as AVI) or as a .gif (File -> Export -> Animated GIF).
so i just have to push f8 as much as possible to make it look good?
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=13307

look at that tut it may help u in ur quest
Originally Posted by Dexter
if god is with me and if i belived in god and im sure he is in the room with me, i just wish he brought a extention cord

i also think there is a readme in the toribash program files folder, it explains how to use pov-ray
"I'm Sander F@#$ing Cohen!"
~Sander Cohen~
Originally Posted by MadnessFan View Post
so i just have to push f8 as much as possible to make it look good?

What? No. Read the tutorial again.

Edit for idiots: "For a movie, press 'CTRL+F7' when you want the movie to start, 'CTRL+F7' again to stop."
Last edited by 3vi1; Dec 11, 2007 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Removed ambiguity
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
im having a similar problem with windows movie maker, i can import screenshots, but when i try to inmport replays it says that its not a sopported file type. i dont know what to do.
Eat, Sleep, Play Soccer (eating and sleeping optional)
well i get it now thanks.

and to put replay into moviemaker, just fraps the replay.
Hoo, what a bump.

Tell you what, try reading my first post on this topic and see if it helps you.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."