Toribash
Originally Posted by T1G3R5H0T View Post
you have to flip v in the uv options for somereason mudbox or zbrush flips them so you have to flip them back
but i havent tryed feet ill get back to you on that.

At this moment i have found only one wrong uv on the breast (fixed it already). Everything else is fine. no need to flip.
Originally Posted by nblx View Post
At this moment i have found only one wrong uv on the breast (fixed it already). Everything else is fine. no need to flip.

well yea it might be wrong for me cause i cant run mudbox so i use zbrush
ImBoredProdutionz©
Hey nblx,

I finally got Mudbox, and am going into 3D texturing head first.

The version I have acquired is Mudbox 2014. I only noticed after the "sp1" which stands for "service pack 1". I hope this is not overly important is it? Will it work with the version I got?

I have a few questions you might be able to answer easily.
My first question is with this message about mesh issues, see the picture below.

Also, the doll.obj I load up doesn't have a chest. Do I have the wrong doll version?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

evo
rock the world, one fight at a time
I did have the wrong doll. I had to use the first version that you posted. It all seems to be working ok now. As far as the mesh issue goes, I clicked keep all. From here, I need to learn how to use mudbox. I will follow your tutorial closely.
Thank you so much for all this.
-----
This is exciting, even though the learning curve is steep for me at the moment.
I have to learn how to use Mudbox, at the same time as getting used to working with a tablet for the first time. So the doll works perfect now. I was able to experiment with painting directly onto the layers that are included with the doll. I was also able to load some of my previous sets by deleting the existing layers and importing my own. Exciting times.
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between Mudbox 2014, and Mudbox 2014 sp1?
Last edited by evo; Sep 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
there was a missing j chest, but i fixed it. there were more bugs with UV's that i fixed.
redownload it please.

or i can give you the chest, and uv's to upload right to your model

new mud
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3438113/Doll.rar

chest alone

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...iles/chest.obj
Last edited by nblx; Sep 4, 2013 at 06:24 PM.
Hey nblx,
the new doll does indeed look perfect. I'm still just playing around with mudbox and getting used to the new environment. I saw one little issue with a small triangle not getting textured at the top and bottom of all spheres. This will likely be easy to resolve by touching up in PS.

The two things I find most amazing are: of course being able to texture right on to the the whole 3D Tori seamlessly, but also how you can save all 39 textures into the TB custom folder in one easy operation. This is simply amazing, and saves so much time.

I will soon stop playing around, and start creating again. This new tool is very powerful.

Thank you again,

evo
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Hey nblx,
I saw one little issue with a small triangle not getting textured at the top and bottom of all spheres. This will likely be easy to resolve by touching up in PS.

yep.. its almost impossible to fix that. I dont know how. there are also minor issues on legs.. You got a "mesh issues" warning cause of this when importing. But it's not affects.
Originally Posted by nblx View Post
yep.. its almost impossible to fix that. I dont know how. there are also minor issues on legs.. You got a "mesh issues" warning cause of this when importing. But it's not affects.

yeah, thought i was the only one with this issue. there's a seam running from top to bottom with the legs. also, the spheres on my tori show little crosses on top and bottom, not triangles. but as evo said, a quick fix for that would be to work on it on PS.
proud leader of [Ascend]
Head Textures
Originally Posted by nevramon View Post
yeah, thought i was the only one with this issue. there's a seam running from top to bottom with the legs. also, the spheres on my tori show little crosses on top and bottom, not triangles. but as evo said, a quick fix for that would be to work on it on PS.

It looks like a cross with shaders off, and a triangle with shaders on.

But yeah, should be easy to paint in the missing areas in PS, so long as the image is the right size, it can be done.

Perhaps, the mesh can be filled in to not have the missing areas. I'll look into it.