Toribash
Original Post
New Old Geezer
Hello folks, The name is John but here i am going by Luxstorm. Thats my last name on a D&D text base EOS game i have played for about 14 years now. Mostly my time is spent messing with Ham Radios or playing Flight Sim X as i co-CEO's with my Son-in-law with an online Airline. So we 9 grandkids, 2 daughters.
At 57 years old I am retired and live in Texas. X Army and retired from the Texas State Guard.
I had been watching my grandson play this game for a few years and decided this week i would give it a shot. Seems pretty cool if i can just figure our how Uke keeps kicking my rear I have been painting aircraft using Gimp 2.6 DXTBMP for the file conversion as they are all DDS or Extended bmp's with many layers of paints. So the textures here look like this will be as fun to mess with as the aircraft i paint. Just on a smaller scale perhaps. I have really enjoyed the different arenas and most the players i have ran across seem very friendly fun to play with. I would like to say Thank you to TheLunitic for helping me so much.
I will have to make a special effort to get you that Pokemon Y you want for your birthday. It will be hard not to play it myself first but i better stick with diamond.
Such Is Life.
I'll help and teach you everything I can, thanks Papa. Oh, and it's Lunatic, not Lunitic lol! I noticed you always say it with an 'i'.
I'M NOT A ****ING WIZARD!
So you know Lun I was fighting your grandpa and was talking to him lol
I'm the last thing you want to see
MUAHAHA *cough* cough* god I hate that!
Heyyo my friend, welcome to toribash! Hope you enjoy this game, PM me if you have any problems
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
Hello Luxstorm, always nice to see a former military person take interest in games like this. I hope you enjoy your stay, and if you need any help learning certain things you can have your grandson show you how to set up a PM(Private Message) if you don't know how to, and send me one.

P.S. Thank you for serving!
Hello & Welcome to Toribash. I hope you have fun and enjoy this game as well.
Ex-Gamemaster
Shoot me a PM if you have any queries!
I really enjoyed our conversation during the wait between fights Bustahead. was a blast.. Thanks for the great welcome guys and gals.
I've always felt that any game has to have a well structured forum with active participating community members and leaders. I can see why my grandson like this one so much. This is a first class game, just wish i had not waited so long to enjoy it.
Last edited by Luxstorm; Sep 8, 2013 at 07:00 AM.
Such Is Life.
Originally Posted by snake View Post
dcs? arma?

Not sure what that means.

Guess i just got my first taste of the more unpleasantness of interacting with other players. It happens everywhere we go these days. Never got called a Liar that i was not 57 years old. The wife keeps saying I'm 58, but born 2/29/56 in my book is 57. Anyway. such is life. easy enough to see. www.qrz.com holds the database for all ham radio operators. search for AF5J and there i am.

Anyway life is too short for people who just want to cause others grief. back to enjoying my game
Such Is Life.
Originally Posted by Luxstorm View Post
Not sure what that means.

Guess i just got my first taste of the more unpleasantness of interacting with other players. It happens everywhere we go these days. Never got called a Liar that i was not 57 years old. The wife keeps saying I'm 58, but born 2/29/56 in my book is 57. Anyway. such is life. easy enough to see. www.qrz.com holds the database for all ham radio operators. search for AF5J and there i am.

Anyway life is too short for people who just want to cause others grief. back to enjoying my game

way too defensive while i didn't questioned your age. good luck anyway.