ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
Took the liberty of changing i.e. to e.g. for you in Step 3 of Part 1. e.g. basically means "for example", which is a bit more appropriate than i.e., which essentially means "that is to say".

Other than that, nice, but I'm not sure (as has been stated) how many of the players who actually need to read this, will.

No problem. Feel free to correct any mistakes ;)

Also, yeah, basically, even if those who need to read it won't really, let's be "optimist" (?)
Gone
Originally Posted by Fyerrblad View Post
Before posting, what should I do ?

Hey there,

I have recently seen that some players don't really know what & where to post exactly. Basically, in this thread, you will learn what to do before posting a new thread or a new post & where to post.

Part 1 - Posting a new Thread

Step 1. Let's think a bit.

First of all, if you wish to post a new thread, ask yourself this question : WHERE SHOULD I POST THIS THREAD ?

The News board contains every official news of Nabi & Toribash. You can't post a new thread in it.

The Discussion board is where you post every discussion threads (obviously). Not debates, but discussions.

The General Art board is where you post arts that are unrelated to Toribash.

The Debate board is where you post every debate threads (obviously once again). This is a serious board, so do NOT post shitty debates in it.

The Event board contains the tournaments held by the community. For example, if you want to host a competition, post there.

The Game board is where every replays are posted. There are other sub-forums, but we will talk about them later.

The Art board is where you post every arts related to Toribash.

The Mods board contains the Toribash mods. Post here if you want to share some.

The Tutorial board is where you can post some tutorials for other players. NOT MOVE TUTORIALS.

The Support board is where you post if you need some Toribash related help. NOTHING ELSE

The Market board contains every "small shops" of the community. Post here if you want to sell items.

The Clan Events board is where the events concerning the different clans are (i.e, the Nabi Clan League).

The Organisations board contains every organisations made by players. Post in there if you want to create a new organisation.

The Clan Discussion board is where you post if you want to create a new clan.

I won't talk about the elerk boards for now.

Anyway, everything that I said should totally be obvious, but it seems that it still needs to be mentionned since some players don't know where to post.

Step 2. Make researches (Only for the Support board, the Debate board, the Discussion board & the Tutorials board)

Once you have found the appropriated board, use the search button to see if a similar thread hasn't been posted yet.

Step 3. Read !

Before posting, read the Announcements & the Stickies. These aren't here for nothing ! For example, there are specific board rules that you will find in stickies or announcements (e.g., the Art board & the Tag).

Step 4. Posting the new thread

The thread needs to have a descriptive topic title. Basically, we need to understand the purpose of the thread by looking the title.

After that, the content of thread must be "good". What I mean by good is, a detailed thread if possible. Don't even post if it's useless.

Do not abuse smileys either.

Once you have done everything of these, you can post

Part 2 - Posting a new post

The instructions are basically the same.

Step 1 - Find the appropriated thread

Well, there's nothing to say about this

Step 2 - Posting the post

Ok, now that you have found the thread, make sure :

- You don't spam
- Your post is useful/contributes to the thread
- You aren't offtopic
- You don't flame
- You don't abuse smileys
- You don't double/multi post
- You don't bump a very old thread
- You don't post a one word post (lol, yes or whatever)
- You basically don't infract the rules.

Now, you can post !

Well, as I said previously, everything in this thread should be obvious, but it doesn't seem to be for everyone !

You cannot say that you didn't know what & where to post anymore, now !

Corrected you by a letter =P
Last edited by donkor; May 2, 2009 at 06:13 PM.
RelaxAll was life. Feels bad to be an oldie.