Ranking
Original Post
changing the rules in single player
Howdy, When I make rule changes in single player it always reverts them if I restart the program. Is there some way to make them stick?

Cheers

Sam
Originally Posted by Sammus View Post
Howdy, When I make rule changes in single player it always reverts them if I restart the program. Is there some way to make them stick?

Cheers

Sam

Dudes.... seriously do you two read?

He doesn't want to make the hands stick he wants to make his settings stay the same even if he quits the game.

But soory i dont know the answer to this.
My Sig :D
: D
Ow... sorry... what you can do is... at my though... edit the default.cfg file in the Toribash Folder. I'm gonna try it right now.

*EDIT* Wait, no, not this file.
Gone
Christ, you all fail to death. If you can't be bothered to read the problem at hand, don't post. Infractions will come next time.

As for the issue. This was a new feature implemented in 3.3 - apparently the developers thought that it was a wanted feature, when really the opposite was true. You could try making a simple mod file that you can select to quickly set the rules up for you - look in the Mods and Tutorials board for help in using the gamerule function (I know little about mod files).
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Yeah tried that already.. thats only the setup not the rules.. and it says not to do it anyway :P

I'm thinking the only way I can get it done is making a very simple mod or something. meh I'll just click a few buttons every time I start the game...

:P Beat you to it. ~3vi1
Originally Posted by 3vi1 View Post
Christ, you all fail to death. If you can't be bothered to read the problem at hand, don't post. Infractions will come next time.

As for the issue. This was a new feature implemented in 3.3 - apparently the developers thought that it was a wanted feature, when really the opposite was true. You could try making a simple mod file that you can select to quickly set the rules up for you - look in the Mods and Tutorials board for help in using the gamerule function (I know little about mod files).

What was the new feature? The resetting the game rules on each start? boourns.. there should just be a 'default' button in the game rules window that does that.

As for people not reading my post.. well here I was thinking they were all picking on the newbie haha.
Try to edit the default.cfg in Notepad from your Toribash Folder.. Change the settings the mod you want
Yeah thats been suggested and it was something I tried before originally posting too. The default.cfg only deals with the game setup (ie music volume etc) but wont let you set the game rules (round time, turn time, starting distance etc).