Ranking
i love this, i believe i am horrible at sparring, and tbh the spar i did with you today was my best your a great sparrer, thanks for the tips

~tsukiomi

heres replay if any1 is intrested
Attached Files
spar 25.rpl (556.9 KB, 39 views)
Last edited by tsukiomi; Mar 31, 2011 at 11:48 PM.
Thanks tsu :P And all, this saturday, im going to update this tutorial, to make it better, and add some stuff. Replace screenies with new ones etc. Adding stuff like moving your arms and shit. This saturday i will do all that so dont forget to look ;)

Screenies like this:
Last edited by Jetsnix; Mar 31, 2011 at 12:04 PM.
oh and you should speak on how to get into running positions, thats my main thing in sparring :P what makes me good
OK ALL v2 HAS BEEN UPDATED. I added new things, and alot more helpful stuff while getting rid of things that made this tutorial messy. :]
Wow, this will help newbies for sure!
But i don´t like the hand writings on the pictures :|
I think u should add somewhere, that freerunning is a quite good balance training, which is also important for sparring. (guess u know that alrdy)

----------------
Btw. here is a sparring replay with swexxelite, would be glad if u add it to the examples!

If u add it to the examples, u should use it as an example for how to land on ur feet:

Momentum & Landing
Momentum is very important to sparring. You use your shoulders, chest, pecs, and legs. First off, get a run going, one step is fine, just to get forward momentum. Once you get that going, raise a leg up with the knee either held at an angle, or relaxed. Keep your arms down right now. Once your leg reaches the peak of its height (the highest its gonna go) raise your arms, and use your pecs/chest to rotate your body. It takes some practice to get the timing down, but once you get it, you can get your body to great heights. Now that you're in the air, prepare for a landing. Make sure your legs are down at all times, and you and your knees to be bent to a level that you will be able to land easily with, and you want to land on the bottom of your feet, not the corners. Glutes, and hips really help with all this. You will still have alot of momentum when you land on those feet, so i would rotate my chest the opposite way in mid air, so i can use it when i land again. Once your momentum brings you around, have your arms down, and use your chest and pecs/shoulders to get into the air again. I also use my knees if i can. Its possible like in this picture. I couldnt extend the other knee because it would look unrealistic. Once i got in mid air, i used my leg to get even more spinning momentum, and then i landed on 3 things. 2 feet, and a hand. Using momentum will make kicks, acrobatics, stunting etc. way easier in sparring. Getting into a running position is fairly easy, just use momentum to get into a spot that looks similar to a running start. Look at verax's run to see what the starting point looks like. Look at the replay of chreeys and swexx at the frame 1000 to see good landing in aktion.
^^^^^^
Or something like this =)
Attached Files
Chreeys_swexx_epic_one.rpl (828.2 KB, 39 views)
[GU] [RL][Epic Replay Theard][Realism Player][deviantART]
Looks like you updated the tutorial.
I like it
Can't make a decent looking head texture?
PM me and I'll make one for 1k! (All custom made to YOUR liking!)