Toribash
Hey mocucha im trying to lern how to run for a while now and i cant just cant do it i go for 2 or 3 steps and ... (just its ahhhh)

Here are some replays of my failes.
Attached Files
lol 1.rpl (24.5 KB, 20 views)
lol 2.rpl (19.1 KB, 9 views)
lol3.rpl (84.6 KB, 9 views)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey , so krisis.

I will speak about the first replay.

First , you first step wasn't good , let me explain , at the exact time you put you feet on the ground (Frame : 909 ) You have to hold the left hip,so you right feet don't go up and fked up you run.

Also , don't forget to relax you pecs and you shoulder to keep a good balance.
Here is an exemple replay
So as you see i relax both pecs and shoulder so i don't fall and i get a good balance.
Look at my run in the replay , My first step was correct the second one was like you first step in you replay , you see , look the ankle , what i've done to don't get my other feet going to much forward was to hold the hips of the feet that touch the ground at the right moment so i can keep running.
Hope i help you
Attached Files
Run fixing exemple.rpl (54.6 KB, 22 views)
French Player, Old member of OFRO
This shit is really starting to piss me off. I have run a decent way in spars before and been able to do it alright, but I started trying this kind of stuff out for parkour. However, going off of this video and other instructions I can only make it a couple steps! And shitty, desperate ones at that! In addition, spar.tbm and xspar.tbm both wont load. Whenever i double click on them, a subcategory called Test_2.tbm comes up, and that doesn't work at all! On top of all this, whenever I try to change the gamerules to make gravity -30 instead of that stupid -9.82, it says that it is changed, but I get the feeling in game that it has not. For instance, I went through Mocucha's first few minutes of his tutorial piece by minute fucking piece after I couldn't do it myself and it still would not work! Even when I replicated his first few steps EXACTLY. WTF is wrong? Do I need to reinstall toribash?
Originally Posted by Crokadilla View Post
This shit is really starting to piss me off. I have run a decent way in spars before and been able to do it alright, but I started trying this kind of stuff out for parkour. However, going off of this video and other instructions I can only make it a couple steps! And shitty, desperate ones at that! In addition, spar.tbm and xspar.tbm both wont load. Whenever i double click on them, a subcategory called Test_2.tbm comes up, and that doesn't work at all! On top of all this, whenever I try to change the gamerules to make gravity -30 instead of that stupid -9.82, it says that it is changed, but I get the feeling in game that it has not. For instance, I went through Mocucha's first few minutes of his tutorial piece by minute fucking piece after I couldn't do it myself and it still would not work! Even when I replicated his first few steps EXACTLY. WTF is wrong? Do I need to reinstall toribash?

You can't just watch a video and expect to be great. Practice practice practice. About the test_2 thing, I get it all the time too. I've posted about it in the support/suggestions board, and they just tell me to type /loadmod xspar.tbm. I've told them that it's an annoying hazard, but nobody agrees that it's enough to change. Try just running around on the ground, or trying new parkour maps. It's much different to run on a modded surface than the regular floor. Go through your runs frame by frame, step by step, and edit where needed. Besides, your run isn't bad either. Just don't lean over quite as far, and add some pec movements for realism.

BTW, I watched this when it first came out and it was a great vid. It didn't really teach me how to run, but it told me how to smooth it out and such, and what to change and when. GJ
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
You can't just watch a video and expect to be great. Practice practice practice. About the test_2 thing, I get it all the time too. I've posted about it in the support/suggestions board, and they just tell me to type /loadmod xspar.tbm. I've told them that it's an annoying hazard, but nobody agrees that it's enough to change. Try just running around on the ground, or trying new parkour maps. It's much different to run on a modded surface than the regular floor. Go through your runs frame by frame, step by step, and edit where needed. Besides, your run isn't bad either. Just don't lean over quite as far, and add some pec movements for realism.

BTW, I watched this when it first came out and it was a great vid. It didn't really teach me how to run, but it told me how to smooth it out and such, and what to change and when. GJ

No you dont get it. I followed his instructions exactly, down to the last little change, and it would not work. I understand that eventually i need to learn myself, but thats not the point. I not so sure its me that is the problem.
You can't expect an run made of xspar.tbm to work on any type off mod since there might be a .1 differerence in height or whatever.

I personaly make a random opener and go with it making it look neat.
And that's my recomendation for every one really.

Simple as relaxing your arms and going from there after so say 50 frames etc etc.

Tired so nothing makes sence probably but my point is. Don't take youtube runs for granted. Experiment instead. Why would you want to copy someone else in one of the most unique games on the planet where you seriously can do whatever type of style you feel like doing. May not look good in the begining. But practice makes perfect.
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.

A simple way to fix this. I do not believe anyone else knows so far, or at least no one has mentioned it.

Simply find your toribash mod folder (if you need more details on this PM me), and open the folder. Now, open toribash. Hit CTRL + M. All of the green folders on top of all of them mods. You must search for those in your mods folder and DELETE THEM ALL. They tend to reappear, so you just have to keep deleting them. But if you delete them, you will be able to load all mods.
No you dont get it. I followed his instructions exactly, down to the last little change, and it would not work. I understand that eventually i need to learn myself, but thats not the point. I not so sure its me that is the problem.

With experience, I noticed most of people who say that they follow exactly the steps given in the tuto are following some things, like relaxing shoulders and pecs, it is the most common. Don't forget to read the description under the video too, I explain that I holded my abs.

In any case, that tuto isn't there to make you insta runner, that doesn't exists and replicate moves without understand them is the best way to stuck. It is a lot better to try by yourself and find your ways to continue your moves.

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Originally Posted by Mocucha View Post
With experience, I noticed most of people who say that they follow exactly the steps given in the tuto are following some things, like relaxing shoulders and pecs, it is the most common. Don't forget to read the description under the video too, I explain that I holded my abs.

In any case, that tuto isn't there to make you insta runner, that doesn't exists and replicate moves without understand them is the best way to stuck. It is a lot better to try by yourself and find your ways to continue your moves.

I would practice in single player with Mocucha's tutorial run. I wouldn't go near the relaxed run. I never did and I do just fine. I went straight to custom. After you think you have the Youtube run down, look at other people's runs in the replay section. After viewing others, take everything you've learned, and create your own. If you need any more help Croka, shoot me a PM.
YES!!!!!
I figured out what I was doing wrong. On Mocucha's video, I did not see him c c on the 3rd frame, and that made my heel come down instead of my entire foot. I have officially made it 7 steps! Now I just need to figure out how to deal with momentum. That speed increase later on in the run gave me some problems. Thanks guys!