ES Recruitment Drive
Re: Toribash to POV-Ray Tutorial
with phong shading, yes.

Apparently, if I turn it down enough, they'll become little 4-sided pyramid-y things... unless the game itself kinda says that it's a multi-faceted shpere, bypassing the phong value I put in the .inc... or maybe the phong value I place dictates how much smoothing is done to the circle, rather than its faceting.

I'll have to check that now. While also working on my desktop submission. And pwning in multi. And having no life in various other ways
Ok. So I rendered a whole 212 frames of an animation in POV - Ray, [which took a bloody long time], and it exports all the frames as .BMP's! How do I put them together?
get virtual dub http://www.virtualdub.org/
1. go File>Open, select and open all images
2. go Video>Compression and select a codec
3. press F7 to save as avi
Originally Posted by nokturnal
get virtual dub http://www.virtualdub.org/
1. go File>Open, select and open all images
2. go Video>Compression and select a codec
3. press F7 to save as avi

Thanks!

You can wacth what I made at YouTube here. The move isn't that spectacular, but it looks fantastic in POV - Ray.
yeah pov-ray is nice, not a bad de-arming there!
i keep pressing the arrows to turn the camera
Originally Posted by nokturnal
yeah pov-ray is nice, not a bad de-arming there!
i keep pressing the arrows to turn the camera

The good thing is POV - Ray makes up for the quality-lowering of YouTube. I was keeping the camera in one place because that was just a test, so I might try doing some funkier ones later. I'll post them here if I do.

Ahem - Another one. I like the end. Blood reflections are cool.
I have 1 small problem When I make an animation and open it with PovRay, I click the "run" button, ad it says "Animation off" and it gives me a dark blue background
FUN IS GOOD =]]]]]]

um... I save the .bmp from Toribash using F8, it goes into the "raytrace" folder... I open up the file marked "screenshot" in POV-Ray, and hit the "alt+G" keys.

It works for me when I do that. Um.. I know this isn't much help.

Did you, by any chance, change settings other than resolution in that little drop-down tab in the upper right?
Originally Posted by ManBreakfast

um... I save the .bmp from Toribash using F8, it goes into the "raytrace" folder... I open up the file marked "screenshot" in POV-Ray, and hit the "alt+G" keys.

It works for me when I do that. Um.. I know this isn't much help.

Did you, by any chance, change settings other than resolution in that little drop-down tab in the upper right?

No... not really. But I'll try again...
FUN IS GOOD =]]]]]]
Are you sure you weren't accidentally trying to render an .inc file instead of the .pov file? since the .inc files give a blue render.
What what? In the butt.