Toribash
Original Post
How to prevent being scammed
It's about time this was posted, I actually thought this was out there somewhere :v. Using these tips, you should be able to avoid any forms of scamming out there.

Tools/links used throughout the tutorial:
Tc checker
Inventory link
Safetrade

Tip 1: Utilize all of your tools.
A. Checking tc
B. Checking Items
C. Screenshots
D. Safetrade
Subsection A. Checking tc

There are several ways to tell how much tc a person has, one of which is this. For example, if I was going to trade Megadoomer 1 hunter force for 40k but I was unsure he actually had the money. I could use this link. As you can see Megadoomer only has 31k, and is most likely a scammer! (Pure example, Megadoomer is actually a cool guy.)

Subsection B. Checking items.

Another way people could have avoided scams would be to check to see if the other player actually has the items they say they do. Checking items is just as simple as checking tc. Using this link, we can easily check to see if they are legit or not.

Subsection C. Take screenshots

In the case you were scammed, always take screenshots of the ordeal if you were ingame. This will help you with getting your tc/items back when you file a report.
Just press F5 while ingame, and the game will take a screenshot for you.

If you guys have any suggestions, feel free to post them and I'll most likely add them.

Subsection D. Safetrade

Safetrade is a relatively new function that automatically trades items/tc between 2 players. You can find this here. Simply offer the items the other person was asking for, and enter their username. A pm will be sent to them and they can put up any items they want to offer in return. Once your both agree on something, you can accept it and the items/tc will be transferred automatically!
Last edited by ravenger; Jul 6, 2010 at 11:42 PM.
Very good tutorial. People always say they forgot to take screenshots etc. Or they didnt know how to.
BAD LUCK
Originally Posted by ravenger View Post
I actually thought this was out there somewhere :v

You're correct.

I cba to find it though, so good job etc
+rep
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
You're correct.

I cba to find it though, so good job etc
+rep

I looked, but I couldn't find it.
Perhaps say use safetrade after you checked that they have everything?
Custombelt | I'm back after 5 years! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PM me if your selling items, buying anything and everything!