Ranking
Original Post
[TUT] Everything you need to know about ReplayMaking
Hey guys, I figured I will make this tutorial so that people don't keep saying "OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO BEAST HAPMA1!, HOW DO U MAKE THIS COOOL MOVES!!11"

Well, First of all, Keep in mind that I'm not the best or even close the best replay maker out there, in fact, i kind of suck, so I will just teach you guys instead of doing it myself.

First things first - Settings!

Setting is how you set the replay in order to play in it, make it further, make uke dm easierly and all that stuff.

I recommend you use the default settings. Most good replays are made on -30.00 gravity. Just play around with it until you get the setting that you like.

How to change settings :
Open you're toribash window, go to setup >> gamerules >> Then fiddle around with the settings until you like them.

TIPS
Don't make the dismemberthehold or whatever it's called too low or too high or else you will get no where.

Don't make your tori waay too far away from uke unless you're making a Sparring Replay

Making your opener!
Well, now that you've got you're settings well and steady, you're ready to start making the replay itself! Most replays have an opener which is how you start off your replay by putting your tori into a cool stance.

Theres no more to explain it by, Go ahead.

TIPS
Make sure you put alot of relax in your openers to make it look cool!

Make a maximum of one dq'able body part touch the ground. Or else it will look really horrible.

Build up your momentum!
Momentum is the power that you build up inside you to attack uke with a more powerful hit. eg. Raising you're shoulder while your wrist is touching the ground to push yourself forwards.

TIPS :
Don't jump and land on uke with your glutes thinking that you will have enough momentum, unless you are 400 meters up in the air xD.

SPEED UP!
Really important, give a little boost to your kicks and punches etc in order to make uke dm. If you have no speed but have momentum uke might DM, but if you have both, uke WILL dm, 1000% sure of it (unless your dismemberthreshold is really high ofc.)

Destroying Uke!
For this area, you have to find a way to get momentum in order to dm uke!
Mostly it is made from kicks , but punches always look more professional. But it is you're choice. Be sure to first get a heck load of momentum then push yourself onto uke to dm him in anyway. Try to do a decap or split first, It looks smexier imo ;p.

TIPS :

Build up your momentum and speed first, then attack.
No need to use too much relax while attacking, but after that, keep on relaxing.

Finalizing your replay!

Now, you have done a cool opener and annihilated uke completely. Time to finish the job! Do a cool pose, make sure you do it on your legs or a handstand and bwalla, the perfect replay!

Hey guys, thanks for reading my tut, hopefully now, you guys will be proffesional replay artists.

~Mam
Gamer Of Gamers
not trying to be rude but i dont think your the write person to give tips on replay making.

Also you dont sound profesional at all. but the tut is ok for some newbies.
Go into specific details man. other then that, the tut seems OK imo. Just....not really the thing to read for tips though.
It's. . . been too long.
Bad tutorial. This will barely help anyone. Telling people to build momentum doesn't help. Telling them how to does.
And bringing people's join-dates into discussion isn't such a good idea, especially since he signed up before you.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by Kyou View Post
Bad tutorial. This will barely help anyone. Telling people to build momentum doesn't help. Telling them how to does.
And bringing people's join-dates into discussion isn't such a good idea, especially since he signed up before you.

but its good the tutorial
but i need to find my momentum
thats my ploblem.

note:now i make a new replay

i got the part of dq gravity and speed
Attached Files
franco58-the spinning kick.rpl (60.7 KB, 13 views)
Last edited by franco58; Mar 11, 2011 at 02:04 AM. Reason: note
Holy cow, really bad tut.

First of all you have no idea what momentum is. Momentum is the change in velocity times mass. You said in the tut that if you have no speed but a lot of momentum you'll be fine, that makes no sense! All of your details are extremely vague or wrong. You say the best replays are made in -30, which isn't true. The best replays are made in the appropriate setting, i.e realism replays are -30, epic battle replays are -15, etc. Also you say you HAVE to annihilate uke, which is also untrue. Look at almost all of te opening replays you have with toribash when you open it. They are all clean beautiful hits. Just one per replay. And no duh you end in a cool pose, but how?! You honestly know next-to-nothing about replay making. Try again OCR you learn from a skilled maker like Meamme0 or other ORMO guys.
A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
A tutorial should come from some one who knows how to make replays.

Unlike you.