Toribash
Original Post
Oldschool guy who don't play but want to show off with his 3d renders, lol
Hey all, I've seen @Ezeth theme and noticed he post some 3d renders and want to show off with mine (I hope he and somebody else remember me tho)

It so much time passed since I played this game, huh...

Let's get started

-----
Do anybody know how to put spoilers? I don't remember
Last edited by DjCat; Nov 2, 2022 at 02:58 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The one time a month I check forums I see this!

Ofc I remember you!
You seem to have a great understanding of composition, all the leading lines pointing towards the statue, the stairs, the iron bars, the (mirrors?) and the lamp, very clever!
The imperfections you normally get on a brass statue is there, on point.
The materials look spot on in terms of reflectivity and refractions, did you look up the IOR or just use presets?

I wouldn't mind seeing some more action on the left side, pretty much all the action is on the right.
Very nice work!
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
The one time a month I check forums I see this!

Ofc I remember you!
You seem to have a great understanding of composition, all the leading lines pointing towards the statue, the stairs, the iron bars, the (mirrors?) and the lamp, very clever!
The imperfections you normally get on a brass statue is there, on point.
The materials look spot on in terms of reflectivity and refractions, did you look up the IOR or just use presets?

I wouldn't mind seeing some more action on the left side, pretty much all the action is on the right.
Very nice work!

Long time no see, mate!I've actually created this composite material using a dirt map and brass texture. I wanted to make it look like a little bit rotten brass, dunno
Here you go for another one (I would put djkhaled emoji here if I had tho, lol)
*This mirrors are actually lights

Last edited by DjCat; Nov 5, 2022 at 02:34 AM.
oh in that case I think you need to make the lights actually emit visible light, and I think the circles are a tad too reflective, maybe lower it a tad bit.
In the second one you have floating chairs, and the fireplace is not really giving off any light, maybe just place a warm lightsource inside there. The wood doesn't seem to have a specular/reflectivity map on it underneath the fireplace,

The lightbulbs hold by the dog statues (really cool btw) does look like they are turned off, wouldn't it be better for the scene if they are emitting light as well ?

The leafs look a bit like plastic, maybe add some SSS or translucency to them ?

the circular tables in the back looks very matte, it might look better with some more reflectivity.
floor texture looks low res to me (the actualy texture not the dirt map) Actually when I look at it the walls on the first image looks quite low res too.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
oh in that case I think you need to make the lights actually emit visible light, and I think the circles are a tad too reflective, maybe lower it a tad bit.
In the second one you have floating chairs, and the fireplace is not really giving off any light, maybe just place a warm lightsource inside there. The wood doesn't seem to have a specular/reflectivity map on it underneath the fireplace,

The lightbulbs hold by the dog statues (really cool btw) does look like they are turned off, wouldn't it be better for the scene if they are emitting light as well ?

The leafs look a bit like plastic, maybe add some SSS or translucency to them ?

the circular tables in the back looks very matte, it might look better with some more reflectivity.
floor texture looks low res to me (the actualy texture not the dirt map) Actually when I look at it the walls on the first image looks quite low res too.

Yeah, agree with you, this work is quite old one but I still love it. It's less about quality but more about the design
Originally Posted by DjCat View Post

that camera position looks so much better IMO
cool stuff,
although i feel like the marble stairs could maybe use some slightly beveled corners and/or some slight SSS.
if you look at pictures of real marble youll almost always see some light bleeding through at the corners.

example

This is not actual marble but tiles with marble texture, that's why corners has to be sharp. Even real marble can have sharp corner though, if you cut it with 45 degree.
Originally Posted by pomi View Post
that camera position looks so much better IMO
cool stuff,
although i feel like the marble stairs could maybe use some slightly beveled corners and/or some slight SSS.
if you look at pictures of real marble youll almost always see some light bleeding through at the corners.

example