Ranking
Original Post
How to make shiny textures!
How to make shiny textures eg: pearl
okay this is a tut for making shiny textures in gimp, eg: making you characters body parts look shiny, like pearls of gems.

1. open GIMP. ( you must download this first, search it in google )

2. go to file, click new, then make a 128x128 tile.

3. look down your menu of tools and you will find a blak white box, click it and pick your colour / colours

4. look down your menu of tools again and you will find the gradient. it looks like a little box with black on thleft fading into white on the right. click this.

5.draw a line that goes up, starting, and ending outside the outline of your 128x128 tile. this should look like the colour you picked is at the bottom is fading to white at the top.

6. put ANY details you like on it. like i said, it makes it SHINY! well at least it makes it shinier than normal heads, its really just an optical illusion.

7. put it on your character. go into free play and see it shine!

and that is how you make shiny heads, in 7 easy steps!
and if you need to, firs get adjusted to gimp before you do this :P
but its really easy.

here is an example:

without shiny texture:

with shiny texture:

yes, i know the colours are diffrent, it makes NO diffrence.

also please READ ALL OF THIS before posting a comment.
and dont post comments without thinking.

thank you, enjoy.
maybe you can explain the tools you have to use for making a line and all the other things, although you thinck its very easy there are people who dont now what tool to use.
UNIBASH
He just told you what tool to use.

Originally Posted by magirock View Post
4. look down your menu of tools again and you will find the gradient. it looks like a little box with black on thleft fading into white on the right. click this.

first off nice tutorial, nice and simple.
secondly: holy crap, tank man head.
oh yeah
Originally Posted by athrax View Post
the first head looked better

lol, thats the second time i have heard that...

and thanks. have any of your tried it yet?

also, i explain what the tools look like becuse if i just said "use the gradient tool" some people might not know what im talking about.
Originally Posted by magirock View Post
lol, thats the second time i have heard that...

and thanks. have any of your tried it yet?

also, i explain what the tools look like becuse if i just said "use the gradient tool" some people might not know what im talking about.

No, but seriously... the first one looked way better.
Originally Posted by coloo View Post
No, but seriously... the first one looked way better.

i only made the second one for special offer, its just suppost to look expensive ( you can decide if it dosent XD ) ,anyway newgrounds always considers gold to be the best. for example, in alot of upgrade games on newgrounds, gold is the best upgrade.

anyway, have any of you guys tried it yet?