Toribash
Originally Posted by siku View Post
\your hits should get harder.

Very sneaky.

On topic: While turning on the speedometer and not pressing "c" help, you also need to think about where you hit.
If you hit in the center of their chest, you're much more likely to break off a pec or lumbar as well, whereas if you hit the forearm/wrist, that's pretty much all that gets dm'ed.

Also think about the state of the joint you're hitting. If you hit a relaxed joint, or a joint moving away from you, there's much less chance of it breaking off than a stiff joint, or one moving towards you.
This is because a relaxed/moving away joint will increase the time of impact, so momentum will be transferred more in time and less in force.
A stiff/moving towards you joint decreases the period of impact, so the force is increased.

This can all be represented by the equation momentum = force x time. And momentum must always remain conserved.

To put this whole thing very simply, more time (longer hit) means less force at once. Less time (quicker hit) means more force at once.

Yeah. I know physics.
How do i get harder... Thats what he said!!!!
But serious matter, you just get better momentum and practice more often, also search tutorials or ask more quetions on the forums. If i helped please add the my rep.
-----
Originally Posted by supahninja View Post
Very sneaky.

On topic: While turning on the speedometer and not pressing "c" help, you also need to think about where you hit.
If you hit in the center of their chest, you're much more likely to break off a pec or lumbar as well, whereas if you hit the forearm/wrist, that's pretty much all that gets dm'ed.

Also think about the state of the joint you're hitting. If you hit a relaxed joint, or a joint moving away from you, there's much less chance of it breaking off than a stiff joint, or one moving towards you.
This is because a relaxed/moving away joint will increase the time of impact, so momentum will be transferred more in time and less in force.
A stiff/moving towards you joint decreases the period of impact, so the force is increased.

This can all be represented by the equation momentum = force x time. And momentum must always remain conserved.

To put this whole thing very simply, more time (longer hit) means less force at once. Less time (quicker hit) means more force at once.

Yeah. I know physics.

If it is to quick though it has no power because in only has a little bit of space to swing in
Last edited by noclimax; Dec 26, 2010 at 05:37 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash just isn't Toribash without
NoClimax
*Looks at the title*
*Turns away*
*Laughs while turned away*
*Turns back*

Well, you want to get more momentum into your own attacks, and a way to measure it is to use the speedometer, like the above posters have said (type "/sm 1" while you're in the game). Don't just try to spam all your joints in one go. The main thing to remember is to make sure that the direction of your joints don't contradict each other. What I mean by that is... say for instance, you want to swing your arm and punch the opponent at full speed using your right arm. You would rotate your chest left. Now, if you extend your right pec, it's going the opposite direction of the main motion (turning left with your chest, but right pec is extending and moving to the right). When you hit, you want ALL of your momentum to be built up in one direction, and especially in the limb that you're using to attack.

Take note that you should always have a pivot/center/grounding leg or arm on the ground, so that you have ROTATIONAL momentum. Swinging in the air without grounding just makes your body spin around without having anything to hook onto.

Also, in multiplayer, a tip to keep in mind is to:

A - USE your opponent as a secondary grounding, and reverse his momentum, if possible. For example, if your right leg is kicking him (the leg is moving toward the left), try to grab him, and SWIMG HIM toward your right leg (swing him towards your right), so that you basically slam him even harder into your kick. Adding this element increases the impact of the original attack, and can increase the damage greatly (in some rare cases, exponentially).

B - If he's attacked you, and (hopefully) you didn't dismembered, follow the direction that his attack is moving and the direction that it forced you to go towards (usually the same). If he kicks you and you begin to spin to your left from the impact, have your entire body spin to the left voluntarily (his momentum + self-joint movement). By doing this, you basically add upon the momentum that his attack gave you. If he tries to spin backwards, and you attack with the built up speed, he's a goner.

Aside from that, it's better to target a stiff joint that's not going in the same direction as your hit (momentum - opponent's speed = remaining momentum for attack). Relaxed joints generally can take and absorb momentum better.

As supahninja said, "momentum = force x time. And momentum must always remain conserved."
This is true. Don't just quick-fire your attack, but conserve the momentum and gather it into the tip of the limb that you're using to attack. Look at it this way: If you take one of those giant mauls and you swing it, the more space you have to swing before the maul makes contact with the target, the harder it hits, right? It gathers velocity and adds it to total momentum, and therefore increases the damage output. If you swing it only 3 inches before hitting the target, it won't be able to do much damage.
And when I say to gather the momentum into the tip of the limb that you're using to attack, I mean this: "Which does more damage - a maul where the stone slab is right at your hand, or the one where it's at the end of a long pole?"

Simply put and gathered into one spot, use your whole body and have all joints move in the same direction - USE your opponent - If you can, take your time and gather the momentum - Kick or Punch closer to the end of the limb.
Last edited by LastGod; Dec 26, 2010 at 06:16 AM.
Proud Member of
[C3][Anime United]
*facepalm* lol,sorry about the title,and thanks for all of the help and replies