ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Trendy's foolproof guide on how to market!
Instalment 1: What is marketing?
Marketing is when you either buy, sell, trade, auction either items or textures. People can sometimes rip you off, give you less or just give you the regular amount on the torishop/market/forum. Here I'm going to show you how to NOT get ripped off by anyone/anything (That means me)

Instalment 2: Buying
When you are buying, there are 2 ways of buying said item. Buy it through the forum or market. The market is much easier to buy from since people don't change prices often buy the forum is another thing. People will try to give you a rip off by either giving you the torishop price or more then the average price. To me, the forum is a much easier buying place because people can just state 'That is 4k more then the average market price! 2k!'. You can get great deals on the forum but always remember this: Always check the average price on the market before you actually buy the item.

Instalment 3: Selling
Like buying, there are 2 ways of selling the item. Through forum or market, For this, I prefer to use market but you can use either one. People rip you off more when selling said item through forum. This is because they think you won't check the average price on the market. However, on the market, the prices are more flexible. You can give it for half price on torishop, more then the average price in the torishop or even 1 tc less then the item on the market selling lowest at the moment.

Instalment 4: trading
Tranding is the same as buying, but with items. Trading, to me, is useless because if you are trading a full chronos for a 256 head, you are obviously getting ripped off. This may come in handy when you loose all your TC but other then that, try to not use trading as much as possible.

Instalment 5: Auctioning.
Auctioning is basically selling, but with a twist. Like real life auctioning, you offer money and there will be a minimum raise of, lets say 5$. After the auction, the person with the highest offer wins the auction and gives the money for the item. Auctioning is an even better way of selling because you can just add a start bid (lets say 500 TC off the average market price) and the min raise (Lets say 200 TC). If a 3 players offer the minimum raise, you have just profited 100 TC off the actual market price. Auctioning is a great way of selling, if you know how to use it properly

Instalment 6: Tips
Here are a few tips to help you get started

When selling, always over price first so that you can see how much the buyer is looking for
When buying, make the seller get ripped off like 3k for a vampire force to see how much he is looking for.
When auctioning, start with about 25% off the average market price and make the minimum bid about 10% of the market price
When trading, drive a hard bargain.
never used ToriShop, of you want things for alot more expence, use it. Otherwise, dont use it

Now that you know all that, you will be a great marketeer

However, before you do any of that, READ THE MARKET RULES!
Last edited by TrendyKill; Mar 6, 2013 at 05:09 PM.
SHRINK THAT DAMN TEXT.
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie
Yes. Love you Trendy. <3
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie
You keep saying you can buy or sell through forums or market, but you totally forgot to add the torishop.