ES Recruitment Drive
There is no way of getting a true accurate ranking system in toribash. Due to the fact that one person may play 10 matches a day and wins all of them whilst another plays 100 matches and wins 10 of them, how will this be accurately calculated? The win ratio cannot be determined by giving a biased rating against a player that plays less or more games than another. Another element that screws up the rating accuracy is the amount of different modes that there are, some are easy to score ie. joust. and others more difficult.

I may be wrong, but im sure in real life, rankings are calculated in controlled environments where there are no variables.
..|.,
U1V1
That's a question I've asked myself as well. Some major game producers does manage it, though (E.g. Blizzard). I'm not sure how it'd be done, but calculating an estimate somewhere there should be possible. The median of the win rate and QI of some sort?

And I started thinking about different mods? Ouch... A Joust doesn't last 1/3 of the time of an Aikido match
Last edited by aslask; Nov 30, 2008 at 02:59 PM.
This is why I suggested an alternate a long time ago.
Screw rankings.
People will never agree on a comprehensive system.
As such, I suggested giving statistics.
They did some of that, but I wanted more in-depth figures.
People can rate as they wish then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then
<Ownzilas> Half PID's dick.

I agree with that, statistics are much more in depth than a ranking system.
They allow you to make your own decisions on the players capability, and decide for yourself who seems to be better.
Also statistics give you a more accurate reading on the consistency of a player. This is especially important in a game like toribash.

all in all im sure consistency is more accurate then ranking.
..|.,
U1V1
Except that
1. Gmon is a failure.
2. I'm pretty sure he was doing elo rankings too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then
<Ownzilas> Half PID's dick.

The ranking system that exists now is quite terrible, yes. Anyway- if players could rate each other (With a valid reason, of course) it'd be a better idea. Not like "This guy kicked me, therefore I give him - rating", but preferably "This player is skilled in Judo, and deserves a vote from me: + rating".