Ranking
Original Post
Help me pl
I have been playing toribash for about 5 days now and I think I'm green belt but I still don't know much about the game to start I'm trying to get some Tc so I'm playing in tournies (mainly boxing) but I still get dominated by some 10000th dan black belt I also tried to do the other servers (judo and aikido) but I can't do any openers to save my own goddam life; ill end up either holdin all of falling over when I relax, after 3 or 4 turns I'll get spinning kicked to the face... Twice and get called a noob. And finally I see people with really cool skins but to buy the 512 textures for all the body parts it costs like 250000 Tc that's like $120 USD is that for real or is my computer reading numbers wrong.
I really want to be good at this game so I can sass my mates in a duel but at this rate I don't think I ever will.
I am very thankful for all the help i get

P.s sorry for the bad grammar on a iPod and I can type for crap.
Man, don't complain you're bad when you're new, just hang out in the beginner lobbies, you'll find out how the game works eventually, just try work out how the joints work, and how they work together.
Hey, practice makes perfect. Try to keep your hands in front of you and see if that works. Also, keep a base with your feet.

As for the textures, a set of 128 textures costs ~25k opposed to 200k for 512 quality textures, so its more reasonable to get 128.

You can make TC in a number of ways:
-winning in an official server (10TC each time)
-using a TC booster from the shop and winning (not recommended as you are not experienced yet)
-marketing
-betting or duelng (no good without TC)
-winning tournaments, whether they are the 500-750 TC tournaments or GM tourneys
-buying TC from another user. The normal rate is ~7k/USD

Hope you have a nice time playing Toribash, welcome
Veni , Vidi , Vici
If you are smart and careful enough (which judging my this thread you probably are) you can make money in betting servers. You need to bet a minimum of 100 TC so make sure you have enough to make a few bets. The command is /bet then the amount of TC and the. The player you are betting on. So for example /bet 100000000999646842TC Protonitron.

Don't focus on TC or buy too many things yet before you have a good idea of how the game works. It is easy to waste TC. Don't but hair colours without buying the hair first because every one makes this mistake when they are new.

Try to play aikido instead of judo because there is more controll over your tori. Pay attention to your ghost and what joints do. Starters are unimportant. You can beat 4th dans after they rip off your arm and break your shoulder if you are desperate enough, most situations are saveable in aikido. If people keep doing overpowered starters in aikido try aikido big dojo. Relaxing is not important unless you are worried about then spinning you ( if you relax your upper body in second turn frame they will not be able to spin you round as easily). This is not an easy game so you need to put in some effort towards learning which joints do what. Eventually you will just know which scroll direction (using mouse) moves a joint in which direction without using the ghost but that is very tiring to learn intentionally (you just pick it up eventually).

In aikido big dojo all you have to do is land without your body touching the ground or landing outside the dojo. This is easy enough if your opponent isn't too unpredictable.

I hope this makes sense and/or helps somehow. Thank you for reading.
Good morning sweet princess
I would recommend you to play aikido more than judo (as proto said). Stick with intermediate(correct me if I am wrong, but I guess that's the server for green belt) servers for now, start out with small amount for some items are QI (no. of games played) restricted.
As you are a beginner I don't recommend betting much because there is a high risk of losing your TC.
About play style, stick to the intermediate servers, and eventually you well come up with your own style/opener for mod like aikido. Some of the mods are opener heavy (example- judo), so you might consider learning some common openers, you can search for them in YouTube. You might even make your own derived openers.
For future
When you get better in TB, and know how to manipulate your tori(player) in a better way, you should learn to spar, that way you will learn to play even better.

Hope I helped. Sorry for grammar.
Note : I am not really a pr0 player, so maybe some informations are wrong(not likely to be). But if any person realize that I have written something wrong, please correct me.
Dengue is a wizard.
[Nitro] | (KnC) | [Monk] | Gamer's Inc. | ViperTech and Cheshyre fanboy
Omg thank you all for your help I really needed it
Haha some of you said betting has really good but some of you said it was really bad. Lol
Betting can be both depending on how you bet. Did I mention that the amount of profit you get depends on the balance of bets towards the person you are betting on? This means that you will win more from betting on someone who nobody bets on than someone who has been bet on with more TC than his opponent. This is important because it means you need to take into account what other people bet.

If you are good at betting you should make a lot of money off it.
Good morning sweet princess
Actually when you buy tc from players it's less than half of that at a meager like 45-50 USD compared to 120 USD.

Just hang in there, I used to suck really bad, we all did.