Toribash
But you guys realize that parkour is completly different than freerunning, just like tricking is different from freerunning?

Tricking uses no objects and many parts of martial arts.
Freerunning uses objects to do tricks.
Parkour tries to use the most effective way while following a path, unnecesary flips are normally not parts of parkour
if ya need an teacher ingame this thread may help, im sure you can find someone in there who can parkour.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
Originally Posted by Xioi View Post
Also yea pretty much what Ecchi said.
Freerunning/parkour is something better just fucking around with towards learning.
that's how i learnt doing it for the past 2 years.
however i did have a person help me out in the beginning giving me tips.
that's the only thing i recomend. Get friends with people that are better than you and get them to give you tips and pointers,
In my case i had Jisse help me out. I had real luck getting to become friends with him and he's the majour reason i can make replays today.

Get friends, fuck around and have fun.
that's my tips

You are right, but before that video i had difficulties climbing, but after i watched that video it actually helped, i guess mocucha is just good at explaining stuff.
:)
Yea that vid is a good start for newcomers to realism really.
Myself Xlr, and some other amazing replay makers helped out with making that video together.
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
I have seen that video before, and watched it again.
It sorta helped, but not too much...
My main problem right now is keeping my run under control.
I keep turning on my side, or falling over, or leaning to far back/forward.
Any help?
You will only be able to make a breakthrough when you find the problem yourself.
watch the replay and ask yourself "what am I doing that's making me fall?"

Your answer shouldn't be simply just "oh I'm leaning back too much that's why I'm falling", nah it has to be more specific, like "i seem to be extending my hip too much on my back leg and contracting my forward leg too high, which makes the angle of my back go up while not having enough forward momentum."

Once you can figure out what's causing the problem, you can go to the next step which is rectify.
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
I guess I really don't know how to run...
I can do a normal, basic, run, and I will tell you what I do to run:
Contract Abs
Contract Hips
Space x2
Extend Hips
Relax Pecs
Contract Elbows
Space x2
Extend left hip
space x2
contract left hip
extend right hip
space x2

I vise versa until I either fall, or something happens.
I use my ankles and shift space every so often, but it doesn't help.
I am kind of a toribash noob now that I think of it.
Hey, we gotta start from somewhere, checkout this post

http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...&postcount=110

Notice how it took more than 5 months?

Also don't forget what I said in the previous post, it really is the key to running.
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045