Toribash
is it seedless? I see you enjoying a lot drawing dragons.... and sometime by color selection i get to think you get ispiration from Pokemon like cartoons---
Originally Posted by keoni109 View Post
The chin lacks correct shading. It looks like the head is flat. Make the area directly under the chin darker. The rest of the body has correct shading.

Yeah, you're right. I'm not that great at shading heads >.> I'll work on that.

Originally Posted by Arturix3 View Post
It's awesome and all. Love the colors here. And the ear things.... they're so cool x)

Anyways, the thing I kinda don't like is the neck. It's quite weird that it gets bigger towards the head.
I mean, it would be okay, if it's bigger when it starts from the body (i.e. like horses), but not like it's now. Imo, it's just a bit illogical xD

Uhh, it's so hard to explain stuff ._.

But yeah, hope that I've explained it good enough.
Anyways, it's a good work you're doing here
Love your stuff.

Yeah, I overdid that a bit XD Usually I make the top of the neck a little bit wider to make it look like it has a sort of skin flap on the bottom, but on this it's waaay too thick. Thanks for pointing that out ^^ And I'm glad you like my works :3

Originally Posted by chicken89 View Post
is it seedless? I see you enjoying a lot drawing dragons.... and sometime by color selection i get to think you get ispiration from Pokemon like cartoons---

Yep, he's seedless XD And yes, I loove drawing dragons. You can design them to look like anything you want. They're beautiful creatures if you want them to be. I don't get inspiration from pokemon. I haven't seen an episode of pokemon in forevas.

Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
you have improved a lot Gryph, great work there, keep'em rolling

Thanks for that cerberus ^^ I'm glad that people can see some improvement it my work : D

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Your comments helped a lot ^^
Last edited by Chozo; Mar 25, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
I do in-joy this peace of art, but the neck does not seem evened out with the rest of the body. otherwise 10/10
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i was drawing also a dragon today--- and the hokusai wave on background
when i finished the outlines and was about to save after 9 hrs of work Illustrator crashed---- endless rage

\o/ fuck yeah when this things happens

also-- ever think about making some chinese traditional dragon but by sticking with your style?
Ah that sucks. Hate it when things crash. I've never really thought of that. I could try it, but I'm not that great at traditional chinese style dragons.

[EDIT] I did another drawing of this dragon in a different style. Cartoony and cell shading. Made with Photoshop CS5.

dont really like the way he is holding that wmelon and the left arm og wrong position--- no perperctive feeling there
you have a habit of drawing dragons with horse/dog type legs, underneath the chest, rather than on the sides, makes them very one directional, they can go forwards and backwards, but sideways movement is restricted. which i guess depends on a persons take on dragons.
it creates the feeling chicken was talking about, that they just dont work in the position, but according to the anatomy, it looks correct enough, looks awkward, but its a dragon eating a watermelon, not much normal about that. lol, i like it.

the main issue are the claws, theyr backwards, dragons cant do that, and thats not a perception thing, they walk on their hands, they do not rotate.
they should be gripping onto the watermelon from the back of it.

nice work overall though, shading on the shoulders and frills around the neck are great
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Hahah, that dragon is quite cute .

I agree with his left arm, it looks weird. Also, is he biting his tongue and the watermelon?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Seems like ok to me, his holding the watermelon right way :3

Its a dragon after all
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
you have a habit of drawing dragons with horse/dog type legs, underneath the chest, rather than on the sides, makes them very one directional, they can go forwards and backwards, but sideways movement is restricted. which i guess depends on a persons take on dragons.
it creates the feeling chicken was talking about, that they just dont work in the position, but according to the anatomy, it looks correct enough, looks awkward, but its a dragon eating a watermelon, not much normal about that. lol, i like it.

the main issue are the claws, theyr backwards, dragons cant do that, and thats not a perception thing, they walk on their hands, they do not rotate.
they should be gripping onto the watermelon from the back of it.

nice work overall though, shading on the shoulders and frills around the neck are great

Awww crap. I was trying to make sure that the thumbs were pointing the right way XD Guess I wasn't paying enough attention. I'll have to fix those. Thanks for noticing. I can't believe I didn't catch that.

Ok, fixed it. I feel like an idiot...
Last edited by Gryphon; Mar 26, 2012 at 06:26 PM.