Ranking
Original Post
[Art] Lancer's Fontastical Thread

So you wish to post some "art" on the toribash forums and you decide that you'd make some art that contains a little love note.
Sadly you did not notice that the font "Georgia" totally didn't fit the pink theme and no one on the forum tells you what a poor choice of font you did.

INSTEAD you'd get tons of people telling you how awesome your art is.
The toribash community are mostly gamers and weird girls, not artists. They don't know how good something could look like if you just put a little more effort in finding the right font.

Some examples:

Is that times new roman?

Notice how the font doesn't match ANYTHING in the picture?

And so on..

Anyway, it's not always all about the font. It's also about how you edit the text, as it's not always a good choice to use raw text.
A good example is this:

What he should do is to use a penpad to draw his own text and either make it look like smoke and remove the existing smoke or just use a different effect.

While we're talking about creating your own font I feel like I should post a good tutorial on this subject:

Creating Typography

It's very important that you read up on tutorials before creating a text on which options you got to make something that fits your piece of art.
Here follows some text effects tutorials in which you can learn new tecniques, and not just copy;

Tut 1

Tut 2

Tut 3

Tut 4

Tut 5

Tut 6

Tut 7

Tut 8

Tut 9

Tut 10

Well now with tutorials posted with examples on how bad things can turn out with the wrong kind of text I shalt end this thread with a huge cake that took me ages to put together.... My font collection!

RAR PART 1
RAR PART 2

They are split .rar files. Download both into same folder, use Winrar to open part 1 and then just extract anywhere, Winrar will auto detect the second part.

Hint: Choose the font you wish to use. Don't install every font in the pack. You will regret it.

Go forth and kick ass soldiers.
Last edited by Freelancer; Mar 7, 2011 at 12:04 PM.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
moved to tutorials.
the boards name just somehow seems to fit it better.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
nice tutorial, I will take off the this of stupid artist...
also thanks BenDover for moving

Oh first Bendover now you augh You evil bastard sugars! >_<
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck

I see how it is... Quote my art... I feel so special

Even though that was relating to the suckish art, I got quoted.
Nice
tut had a good layout it got too the point and it
has some good tips you showed how not to do things wrong
and how to do it properly.
Very cool lancer 10/10