Ranking
Original Post
Odd question about a possible move
Is it possible to rip one's opponent in half by grabbing them somewhere around the chest? I tried, but although I got a nice squirt of blood, I just could not get it to happen.

Here's a Replay for you to see what I mean.
Attached Files
Rip Attempt 1.rpl (44.1 KB, 16 views)
Their is a few but only if you grab them with both hands.
If you looked through the Replays board looking for 'Splits' i'm sure you would find a few.
Yeah, i'm the Boxman
<~ishi> damnit ishi where are you.
it's really hard, but i've gotten it before, try getting alot of momentum by using your chest and pecs, in some cases your lumbar.
One thing (along with what they have said) is to wait until the last second to grab. That way you actually grab right where the joints meet instead of on the outside of one of those joints.
This is also where editing reapedtly comes in
I DID SIR
HE'S MY COUSIN
Just to add to Slades question, when going for a dismemberment, what position should the wrist be in? Relaxed, extended?
Well, as for many joints, timing is key. It can be both really (extend/contract)...
You see, what I do is get to the point where I know I can grab whatever body part and edit it from there. I contract at certain points and extend at certain points. Sometimes I even go back and forth between the two...
It's really hard to explain, rather something that you just learn over a long period of time.

Also, relaxing adds more freedom to the wrist, so that may be one of the best ones to start out with and work your way up to contracting it at the last second.
I DID SIR
HE'S MY COUSIN
.is this what u mean?usually grabs move the hand to a 90 degree angle.sometimes u can use this to ur advantage as in this replay.
Attached Files
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
SladeJT's first post: Yes, it is possible.

Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Just to add to Slades question, when going for a dismemberment, what position should the wrist be in? Relaxed, extended?

Doesn't matter. Whatever position that gets the tip of the hand onto the joint is most likely the best for getting a dismemberment.
Last edited by DeeJayy741; Dec 23, 2009 at 06:49 AM.