Ranking
Original Post
"failed writing received data to disk" error
ive been getting the "failed write" error for a long time now(months)
i somehow got it working at some point b4 but i don't really know how

i know this has been asked in threads lots but i never really got a solution for the prob

guy said it was probably my hd dying. i don't really understand why my hd is dying, any other softwares/games has no problem regarding my hard drive so its on the toribash side, not mine
best item forogerer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UGUU~~~~
(Maybe) If it gives you a code then i would suggest that you search that into google say something like " how to fix error code ###### "

ATTENTION It could be because you a trying to download the file to a full hard drive. Try plugging in a clean external hard drive, and download the files to there, under the change download address you can change the download location. (THIS may be your problem)

1) Go to your HDCP status and see if everything is compatible. (if it isnt there you go)

2) Make sure your drivers are up to date (its good for you to always update those problems can arise where some drivers need others to be updated for compatibility(sometimes)).

3) It could be a problem with your steam itself so id recommend you uninstall all of your steam files( you can keep screenshots) and then reinstal steam.

Im not 100% sure what your actual report is asking if it gives you an error code do the "maybe" one first. I dont think that it would be the HDCP one.

EDIT: If you were to give a more in depth explanation of what your problem is I may be able to give you a better answer.

Is this for unpacking something or is it for opening? Because if the problem is for opening all you do is unpack it first. if not your PC may be limited by a number of things, but most likely it will be a permission problem(try running as admin).
Last edited by KDigityDog; Jun 17, 2016 at 06:02 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
here are what ive already done:
-disabled firewall
-disabled anti virus (temporarily)
-reinstall
-moving the game folder
-adding folder permissions
-------
my hard drive has 45gb of free space
hard drive drivers cant be updated(I think)
I have defragged the hard drive
---------
the error shows up when you try to login
"error: failed writing received data to disk/application"
--------
this is also most likely the reason why I don't get "download complete" confirmations when I do /dl s
-----------
lol, I was thinking what you meant by "change download address"
FYI, I am talking about a toribash login error
Last edited by Ragey07; Jun 17, 2016 at 07:53 PM.
best item forogerer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UGUU~~~~
Originally Posted by Ragey07 View Post
here are what ive already done:
-disabled firewall
-disabled anti virus (temporarily)
-reinstall
-moving the game folder
-adding folder permissions
-------
my hard drive has 45gb of free space
hard drive drivers cant be updated(I think)
I have defragged the hard drive
---------
the error shows up when you try to login
"error: failed writing received data to disk/application"
--------
this is also most likely the reason why I don't get "download complete" confirmations when I do /dl s
-----------
lol, I was thinking what you meant by "change download address"
FYI, I am talking about a toribash login error

ok see i thought you meant trying to load up a replay...

sorry i have no clue why it would say that when you try to log in other then you dont have the correct permissions set... Just uninstall your toribash files and re download it (off steam if possible) . Use newest version of toribash if you arent already.
Run one of these to see if your hdd failing: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolso.../tophddiag.htm

Trying steam instead of standalone can help, but there's quite some chance it won't.

You can also try to open up your toribash folder, and enter your username and password in the tb_login.dat. But I'm not sure whether tb would load that correctly.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
my hdd isn't failing
ive already tried the tb_login.dat. didn't work
going to download steam for the sake of getting tb to work
----
downloading and opening toribash through steam didnt work... im running out hopes of getting this solved
Last edited by Ragey07; Jun 18, 2016 at 06:38 PM.
best item forogerer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UGUU~~~~
Hey really sorry this is happening to you Ragey07 I found a really solid video tutorial that will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmg7yDJhxBU

I hope this helps you it has really positive comments and feedback.
Originally Posted by KDigityDog View Post
Hey really sorry this is happening to you Ragey07 I found a really solid video tutorial that will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmg7yDJhxBU

I hope this helps you it has really positive comments and feedback.

The problem occurs when you try to log in (I have the same problem). Im using Steam version and I reinstalled it. The error still remained but now I cant even login with my main. And that video doesnt help at all.
Just thought of something. It might have to do something with the router. I know that my router had port forwarding problems lately. So, I thought that it might be a Windows error and I upgraded to Windows 10. My router still didnt work and I tried a factory reset, but it still didnt work after that.

The reason why Im saying this is because the problem occurred around the time my router stopped working correctly, although it might only be a coincidence.

I also tried standalone version and an outdated version (4.92). That still didnt work and it leads me to believe that it has something to do with the router.

For now youll need a friend to log in to your acc and send you the login data, so do it with somebody that you trust. I also noticed that the /dl command is not working.

---------------

Oh, and btw, you cant edit an existing login data and put it in your TB folder, it wont work.
Last edited by Br4sk; Jul 20, 2016 at 06:34 PM.
What folder is your Toribash installed to?

If it's in Program Files, that's possibly the cause of the problem.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!