Ranking
Original Post

Ladies and gentlemen! It's showtime!

Here's the first picture:

boom

This is just the 1st picture of a total of 4 pictures that your team will be redrawing! Each picture will be released as soon as your team has finished the picture beforehand!
This is also a simple drawing event where at least 4 members of your team will compete (there can be a total of 18 members per picture, and you can change out some members, or even all members, when you start on a new picture).
What you'll be doing is re-drawing the picture above.
The twist is as you can see, the grid. Each team member will choose one or more squares that he will be re-drawing.
That's right! That's all you'll be re-drawing. The rest depends on your team buddies!
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you team does not even complete 1 picture, you will score no points! So work together AS A TEAM to get this re-drawing going!
The faster you complete the picture, the faster you'll finish this event! But don't forget that we are looking for QUALITY!
You could end up finishing all the pictures and still not come in 1st place for this event! (eg. Come 4th in the first picture, 4th in second picture, and so the grand total of points will not be sufficient enough to secure your victory!)

When you're participating, make sure to keep in contact with your team, whether it be the use of IRC or a Skype group. Then, have your team buddies announce what squares will they be re-drawing. All the squares should be saved in <.png or .jpg, depending on the pic>. You can use any program for this! Use Paint, use GIMP, use PhotoShop, anything!
Someone in your clan should also be appointed for re-building the picture AKA taking everyone's re-drawings and inserting them to the grid, but in the case of this somehow not being possible, I can do it, too.

Your goal is not to re-draw the given picture as accurately as possible. Use your imagination! You can make it funny, or you can be artistic, as long as you use your imagination! This event is not limited to "just being funny", we'll also be checking approximately how much effort and thought you've inserted in the work. Get to work! And of course, have fun while doing it! This is all pointless if you don't have fun, dammit!

Prizes:
Each picture will receive prizes, and these prizes are:
1st = +100 points
2nd = +75 points
3rd = +50 points
4th = +25 points
(points may be tweaked)

Deadline is 31/3/2014 (3.31.2014) at 12am GMT+0.

So, let's re-cap:
1) Use IRC or some form of communication for your team (eg. Skype, TeamSpeak)
2) Have your team members to take squares they want to draw and have them say which square they are taking so 2 members don't take the same square! ("I'll take A3", "I'll have C2 and F6". Organize it however you like)
3) Have someone in your team re-build the picture with your team member's re-drawn squares
4) You can use any drawing program for re-drawing
5) As long as you use your imagination and put some effort to this, you can do anything you want (keep it safe for work please)
6) Deadline is 31/3/2014 (3.31.2014) at 12am GMT+0
7) HAVE FUN!!!

Last edited by Fish; Mar 11, 2014 at 04:05 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ΣɗiƮ
Have Fun | Enjoy Life | Stay cool
What is the size of each square?
▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ IF YOU NEED ME CONTACT SAIF118 █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
I remember entering some events like this on
deviantArt. Here's one of them so people can
see how they work out. They're really fun and
interesting to participate in...
(This one was never finished, but it was looking
good)

'2011' Emote-Pixelart Project

The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Looks awesome. Looking forward to starting. I always have enjoyed art. I just need to get an art program for my computer because mac sucks >.>
I'll be glad to help. I need just pm the leader of my team registering my interest?
#Greenhat
Last edited by Daedalus; Mar 4, 2014 at 06:04 PM.
Send me a pm if you want to draw for green hats.
Should probably be in our Irc too: #GreenHat

I have a question: do the squares have to be completely redrawn or can people just edit onto the original squares?
hi(again) kind mr Holotor,

a question arose in the Adphones art studio, i am seeking clarification,
are we allowed to have parts of the original image in the final entry we submit?

"can't use any of the original image in the final product" was the statement in our studio that worried me.....

thanks again for ya time, and an ACE art comp idea.....
Signature Permissions no
To all of the red submarine team we really need a place to converse with eachother how about #RedSubs

Also currently Tomwanks, DDDyyy, CXtrxs, and I are working on the first re-draw. Pm me if you would also like to take part in that.
[JollyR] [Ct] |Event Squad| (Au) [xp]
Pill || Calamity || Dropkick || Jere
Pink Shades, Join this: http://forum.toribash.com/group.php?groupid=4593
Submissions/claims go in the discussions.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Send me a pm if you want to draw for green hats.
Should probably be in our Irc too: #GreenHat

I have a question: do the squares have to be completely redrawn or can people just edit onto the original squares?

Yes you can edit onto the original squares.

Originally Posted by judd666 View Post
hi(again) kind mr Holotor,

a question arose in the Adphones art studio, i am seeking clarification,
are we allowed to have parts of the original image in the final entry we submit?

"can't use any of the original image in the final product" was the statement in our studio that worried me.....

thanks again for ya time, and an ACE art comp idea.....

Yes you can keep parts of the original image in the final entry, but if you keep the square as it was in the original image, that counts as not finishing the picture, and therefore your team will not be given the next image.