Ranking
Original Post
Performance Problems
Okay, I'm getting annoyed. These performance problems are getting quite intolerable. In Single Player I am getting 60 FPS, multiplayer is different, much different. I've lowered the FPS to 30 to increase frames to 20 now. /aa 0 and slash particle 0 have no effect. Same frame rates with soft shadows on or off and the other options on or off. I've tweaked my pc to raise original frames on multi from 5 to 20. HOWEVER... when some players enter the server, the framerate drops by 10 to 15 frames, my mouse inputs don't register immediately, and I seem to not be able to save myself from DQ with these "HAX" as I call them. I've fought as hard as I can with these, usually I succeed but it gives me a headache.

I've tried other computers as well. The slower, limited public computers at the libraries seem to give me higher framerates, but the same things happen when these players enter the room. I would really like to play at home.

Are there any performance tweaks that I can apply with a HEX editor or TXT editor? Any help with this would be strongly appreciated.

System:
Pentium 4 - 2.8GHz 512k L2 cache with a 533MHz bus speed.
512MB of DDR at 400MHz 4:3 bus ratio
Integrated GPU - using CPU for GPU calculations
80 GB Hard Drive, IDE 133
Dimension 3000 XD
*puff-puff*
any recommendations? I used to use Kaspersky, now I'm running just PG2.
ClamWin? Panda? Cracked one?
*puff-puff*
You say "these players" as if it's specific ones, would I be correct in assuming there's only a few people giving you this problem?

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Also are you sure there isnt any firewall that might block your connection?

If your single player works good, then there's something blocking the packets, not the game itself.
And I dont think you would have such slow net, that you would get only 10-20 fps on Toribash.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

skulfuk a few yes.

slipanc: I'm using PeerGuardian2 IP Filter. Same results with Kaspersky Internet Security. 10MPBPS internet connection. I disabled my page file and that didn't help either. Process Priority settings result same.
*puff-puff*
Originally Posted by evolution6 View Post
skulfuk a few yes.

Can you provide their user names so I can check out if there's a specific reason for the slowdown?

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Do those people have flames? Like huge flames like Fnugget does.

Cus flames can cause lag in game, usually thats the cause. If your experiencing that, then you should turn off flames by writing /opt particles 0.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Um, yeah, nothing there that would cause any form of slowdown. :s

I can only assume it's either your processor spiking (hitting 100% usage) while your playing, or it's the usual slowdown that we get in mods like Aikido - or any other mod with lots of collisions.

If you haven't already you could drop the game to 30fps in options to see if that stops it being as bad.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you