Ranking
Original Post
Can't host my own room and play with little brother [MC]
Can't host my own room and play with little brother [MC]
What I mean is that I go into game and make a room with /jo roomname and then my little brother comes to play and mess around... we used to be able to do that... now we can't due to recent Multiclienting changes, If he was to join the room I was in... he would get this message:

Image showing problem

Would we be able to play anytime soon? or do we have to face It and not be able to play with each other on Toribash.

People have already posted about this, but they were not very descriptive: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=452261
I like to draw and stuff
Rules are rules. Contact an admin and see if they can't do anything. I suggest ishi or Risk maybe. It might change, but I don't believe it's been decided.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
You're both running from the same internet router/airport/etc. This is one of the setbacks for the multiclienting filter. I believe it still has to be fixed up a bit but it's pretty much done as it seems. There's really nothing you can do unless... perhaps you ship your brother to Starbucks or something.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
You're both running from the same internet router/airport/etc. This is one of the setbacks for the multiclienting filter. I believe it still has to be fixed up a bit but it's pretty much done as it seems. There's really nothing you can do unless... perhaps you ship your brother to Starbucks or something.

I would love to ship my brother to another country!! but my parents wouldn't be too happy :C

Well seriously, It would be cool if they could do something to fix this.
I like to draw and stuff
Yeah, I really don't think there's anything you can do about this. Sorry. I would suggest bringing it up as a suggestion if there isn't already a thread for it. That would be in this board here:
http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=640
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
cant your brother just run through a proxy and play? find somthing to change your ip like hotspot shield?
Good news, it's going to be getting fixed. No idea when, but sometime.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
You can use
sandboxie as a short time sollution
download sandboxoie and run toribash in sandboxie mod
that should work plus its a freeware
Dead...
I would rather not go and download some proxy thing and end up getting a virus or worse.
I'll wait and see what happens.

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Good news, it's going to be getting fixed. No idea when, but sometime.

Thanks SkulFuk
I like to draw and stuff
Yes, that's the problem with the multiclient filter. It reads the IP that both connections are going to rather than the individual addresses of the machines themselves. A short term solution would be to have one of you go to a Starbucks, like Twilight said. Another possible solution would be to see if you could set up a LAN connection and play this way. I'm not sure if that would work, as I haven't tried, but it's worth a shot.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.