Toribash
Original Post
Tutorial session bugs
So I'm trying to learn to play this very interesting game, but the game doesn't want me to learn.

The "basic training" is broken in some way. After the instruction to extend the left knee and end turn, the frames just keep rolling and nothing meaningfull happens. After a while it congratulates me on my "decap". It goes on to the next move, which plays out the same way.

Something similar happens with the "graduation test". It starts normal, but when I win it's as if I just played a normal training match, no acknowledgement whatsoever, just "spacebar - new game".

Related: The "manual" that's in the game files is just a text file full of gibberish. The formatting is completely off the hook, riddled with strange signs and no line breaks. Additionally, the faq.txt sends me to toribash.com for tutorial videos, which are quite absent.

These things work together to make the steep learning curve of this game quite ridiculous. I've played a few mp matches and I'm starting to get a few ideas of how things work, but it would be nice to be able to do things step by step.

FYI, I have both reinstalled, deleted and reinstalled, and redownloaded and reinstalled. It all stays the same.

PS. Is there any civilized way to uninstall the game? Never found a uninstall exe.
LordBamse, first of all, welcome to toribash! Second, the tutorials in-game arent the greatest. The best way to learn this game is with experience. Join some beginer servers and see how you do.
Yeah, as I said, I've been doing that too. I might as well ask: how do I enter spectator mode, if I just want to hang around and watch for a bit?
Sure, just type /sp, pay close attention to what they do. To get better at this game, you need to understand what each joint does, and how to control them properly. Good luck!
Note: If you want step my step, dont do the ingame tutorial! It jumps right into it
Well this would go into the beginners sanctuary.

Moved.

Ask here to find out more about playing the game.

And welcome to toribash!

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Welcome to Toribash.

As said, above practice, practice and practice. Also /en re-enters you.