I have some tips,to make ur computer not on lag,
there is 2 Type of computer,:
-Macbook[apple,etc]
-Normal computer[acer,laptop,zyrex,etc]

my reserch is only for normal computer
First:
What is lag?
lag=the computer speed problem,that can slowdown ur computer works

how to make ur computer not on lag when u play toribash?
-While u r playing,dont open too much programs,max...3 programs
-dont open chat program [skype,msn,e-buddy,etc]while u r playing,because,chat program have a big cappacity,it will need much network too[while u r online]
-dont open art program[photoshop,gimp,gimp2,etc]exept paint while u r playing,
-turn off ur shaders while u r online,[toribash]..because it will need much memmory too,and not really needed..or,if u use shaders,u can only open 1 more programs...

well,thats all,
i hope u guys can be helped by this reaserch...
any question,post here

Xneosjr
I got a better way.

CheatEngine Enable Speed hack will eliminate Every Lag even when you got Ps another toribash and a other programm open at the same time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Meow :3
[Duck] [OLDA]
This really isn't written in good English, but I can understand if English is not your first language? At least in future don't do '[READ ME]'s with abbreviations like 'ur'.

On a technical note some of your information is wrong, first off there are not two types of computer, however I can see what you are trying to get at, you should simply specify that your information is only for PC's (I.E. not Mac's) rather than try and number the different types of computers. The definition of lag you gave is absolutely terrible, I recommend checking out a dictionary or googleling 'define:lag'.

The number of 'Programs open' is a bad way to phrase what you are talking about, it's best to phrase it as such:
"-While playing any game, be sure to close as many background applications as possible, simply checking 'taskmanager' should display a rough estimate of how resource heavy each application is."

Certain chat programs like IRC don't use very large resources, and tend not to effect the latency you get in game, while with MSN etc I agree.

I believe you have covered photoshop and other art programs in the first point, maybe you should express that background applications includes all programs like photoshop, GIMP, etc.

Shaders doesn't really have an effect on latency unless your graphics card isn't so hot, you should make sure to specify the complexities here.

Research? Don't flatter you're self :P
Also there is no need to sign your posts, thats what the avatar to the left is for.

I'm sure I speak for the mods here when I say, nice try but no cigar.

Also next time, try putting this into computer chat, this isn't where this kind of topic belongs.
As what Vox said and other points I'd like to add:
  • Don't put [READ ME]
  • Don't post these kinds of threads in support. If you want to take this seriously, PM a support moderator(me,Voxus, etc.) and if we actually like it, we will post it in the FAQ board.
  • These points are quite obvious and mostly common sense which says don't open any kind of program while playing Toribash.
  • If English is not your first language, ask someone to translate it and not use google translate or any other machine ran translator.

Also, I'm moving this to the tutorials board since it is no where near support worthy.
Last edited by Aspire; Jul 4, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
Originally Posted by Aspire
HAHAHA, I'M NOT A LOCAL MODERATOR ANYMORE. YOU STUPID PEOPLE!

thx aspire,
ill do another good reaserch now,
and cheat engine is not a good program,it just reduce ur programs works,and then the function of some program will be unable to use
I would avoid doing it at all, you don't appear to have a working knowledge of computer science, and this kind of thing really isn't suited to someone that doesn't, if you are going to at least read the wikipedia articles on: Latency, Lag, Operating Systems & Performance