Toribash
Original Post
Learn to use your Power! -- Start here!
This is like, a Manual, but in English, and more helpful...

OK, theses are my amazing'o'tips'o'teh'day --(what?)

Right, first off, the "C" key: pressing "C" on your keyboard will tense all muscles, or if tensed, relax
NOTE: Being tensed is good if you're about to hit someone and don't have any chance of ripping your self apart...
NOTE2: Being relaxed is good if you're gonna get hit. Many times people will go for a limp, since the chances of limbs breaking are higher if the joint is tensed.
(Foxie notes, that NOTE1 is actually wrong, the tenser you are, the easier you break. limpness eliminates most chances of being dismembered, when hitting, or being hit, it can also add power to the move if applied correctly.)

Okie dokie, that's basic stuff, now more of it:

Moving basics::

Personally, i chose to move legs and arms for my results, but there are many small things that make all the difference.

Moving your neck and abs can be the deciding factor in this game. this is because they effect your center of gravity, and how you bend.
Grabbing and letting go is VERY important! (click on your hand it changes shape to grab or fist mode)
Ankles can lift you off the floor, even jump or hit slightly higher.
Knowing when to move:::

For knowing when to move you MUST watch the ghost-replay, to see the preplay of both you and the opponent you press "B". However this won't show your opponent's move unless he/she has pressed space, so it only helps so much.
Also, this comes from experience. Playing in single player isn't bad experience for learning moves.

INVENT: I've seen so many people just not inventing anything new. Personally i haven't found any better moves than the ones i am using, but I'm always looking.

That's some stuff, that will help you on your way to becoming a master...

Interesting things, also important to people that hurt themselves a lot.

Kicking your self apart::: Stop moving your leg backwards and using knees, until you learn the when and how. It takes a while also contracting ur ankles helps (cheers "no one")

Foot smash ow-ch i stubbed my marshmallow? OK::: don't kick the floor, it hurts.

YAWHHAHA I'm GonA RipMyLegs off!?: Just ungrip your hands for fucks sake. (but i like it =( -Foxie) -- comment; lol@foxie

Oops there goes my hands:::: (IMPORTANT):::: If you hands hit each other, then let go or they will break, or relax your wrists(do not contract, stiffen or extend), less the chance of hand(s) flying off is high.

GAME TERMINOLOGY::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::--:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::

AFK = Away From Keyboard
BRB = Be Right Back
GF = Good Fight
GG = Good Game
LOL = Laughing Out Loud
ROFL = Rolling On Floor Laughing
ROTF = Rolling On The Floor
LMAO = Laughing My Ass Off
DQ = Disqualified
RTFM = Read The Fucking Manual! (possibly the funniest of acronyms.)
Dismemberment (In general) = Body part removal
'->Ripped = Term used for part torn of someone else's body
'-> Voodoo arm/leg = Using a dismembered body part for damaging the opponent.
Decap/Decapitation/Beheading= Losing your head. The literal way.
*g* = Grin, also sometimes used for girlish giggling.
Newbie/Nub/Nublet = New player, the latter 2 terms can be used in a teasing manner when any more experienced player does a newbie mistake, most often not used to describe a newbie. Do not confuse with "noob"
Noob/n00b = An experienced, or semi experienced player who acts like a stereotype of a newbie (the term use started from Counter-Strike, generally used to describe trollers or just very idiotic people, do not confuse with newbie.)
OMG / OMFG = Oh My God / Oh My Fucking God!
Uber/Ãœber = German word for 'elite', 'best'.
Pwnage = Twist of the one below.
Ownage = Complete and utter ''owning'' of the opponent. (Usually ripped opponent into pieces, leaving the ripper with minimal, or zero damage. Or just someone doing a stupid mistake and failing humorously )

NEW: "1337 5P34K"

Intro
Leet means elite.
The whole point of leet speak (1337 speak, et.c.) was to dodge government's and MPAA's et.c. searches for piracy on the net decade or so ago, then it slowly faded into publicity, mostly via Counter-Strike game and became a rather large, but (thank gawd) quickly fading fad.
IE: 1337 = leet (1 = l or i, 3 = e, 7 = t)

So, i can't do every word or twist, but i can give you a few:

|-| is an H
\/ is a V
/\ is A, or you can use 4
5 is S
and o = 0, X = ><
|_ is L

And it goes on and on, with this you have to invent, make it up your self. (luckily, you don't! *g* )

And there you have it, if you need anything else request it by posting or RTFM
RTFM = read the F**king manual.

OK time for some multilayer action, first HOW TO USE MULTIPLAYER

OK, i have taken pictures for this one so i can explain...

first of, press esc, (for the main menu) then click the second option "multilayer, you will then be given something a little like this:

OK, i annotated this so i can tell you what they are...

1:::::::
this is the max number of players, and the number of players there. 5/10 mean 5 player out of 10 max.

2:::::::
this is a very useful part of the list, the 120 is the total number of frames you have to move in one game and the 10 means 10 frames
pass every turn (when you press space)

3::::::
DEMO servers are marked, if you are using DEMO version then you can only open servers with "demo" next to them.

4::::::
this little X will scroll down refreshing the list every time you press "R"

5::::::
THE DETALES! SO VERY IMPORTANT! -- this tells you how long you have to react (I'll talk about this l8r) can you DQ and much else.

OK, that's the list, to select a game, double click it...

NOW: in game the tricky part...

going in chronological order again... (or numeral, they both work in this case)

1::::::
The people playing the current match. this will change if someone wins or loose, if you win you become red or stay red, if you just come
to face a person you will be blue. (personally i think this should be the other way round since uke is blue and uke means defender.)
if you draw then it will rematch the currant players

2::::::
the match list, every time someone is beaten or they join, they are sent to the bottom of the list. then as a person is beaten the top
person on the list fights the winner, simple eh? your name will appear highlighted so you can see where you are.

3::::::
The chat log, very important information is displayed here, or you can just chat...

3a;;;;;
when you start the chat log will tell you if you are connected...if you are not connected the reason will appear here...
3b;;;;;
chatting is fun! press "T" to chat then type what you like... no flaming tho pleas...
3:: TIPS:::
commands can be put through the chat box, I've only found 2 so far... just type (including the slash no spaces:
/spec
(enter the spectator list so you wont fight but you can chat, useful if you are AFK)
/enter
(enter back into the list from spec to fight again, you start at the bottom of the list)

4:::::::
Waiting for turn, being a spectator or fighting it will tell you down here to remind your poor brain...

5:::::::--IMPORTANT--
this is the clock, see the 120 displayed? that means 120 frames to fight... the grey circle behind this (it's hard to see but really
important!!!) tells you the reaction time left, OK now on about reaction time... in multilayer you have a set time to make you muscle
choices and moves... (I'll talk about the space bar later). when the reaction timer runs out, regardless of where you are your turn is
up... this means afk people still have to fight!

The space-bar... pressing the space bar ends your turn. this means you will glow orange and wait for the opponent to finish there turn, if your finger slips and you press space, your screwed.
ALSO-- the space-bar end the replay, if the replay is playing then number 4 on the picture will say "press space to start the fight!"
don't ignore it. unless you wanna see the replay some more =P

Glitches::

the wrist glitch: wrists don't always DQ the other player...

the DQ glitch: when you hit the ground you wont always DQ...

the arrows glitch: if you press "t" to chat them press all the arrow keys, the game crashes.

THE BASICS ARE OUT THE WAY WOHO! now on to hard core stuff on multilayer!

Right, first things first, ALL tips previously said AND MORE apply to this, so if you haven't read the start, read it now, only the first couple paragraphs if you are in a hurry.

Tips that'r'o'mazing'o'for multiplaying. (again i don't know why)

number 100 and 73 (Pfft learn some math.)
NEVER hit your self (you will die horribly)
Don't grab till you need to or if you can't miss. (it's not worth it)
kill them quick.
DQ then! i know it seems a sucky way to win but it's the game rules, if they fly off and kill them selves don't go after them let them die!
use different moves as often as possible, making up new starts is hard... but worth it.
take of limbs that you will find easy to throw to the ground! it really helps!
ungrab if your winning! trust me it sounds lame but it u hit them and jump away with way more points your gonna win!
relax ALOT, breaking is easy! very easy! especially with wrists, so relax ur wrists allot, ur arms are very venerable, and your pelvis too.

OK the rest is pretty simple and not worth typing you on.

playing in multilayer::

for multilayer starting with a move that will hit there head is a good idea, don't use single player only moves in multi, there single for a reason. and you HAVE to learn landing well, if you can land in toribash with lost limbs there is no limit to how ripped up you can get and still win, I've won the game in 13 pieces before!

Different servers?!? why?? What WHYYY

Classic (chavs say: Class Man init?!)
the whole point of classic is you start 100cm apart (default in demo for single) and with 120 frames to kick there asses.
DQ is on dismemberment is on and all you got to do is take care of the enemy.
moves are easily practiced in single so this is the "noob" server (pro classic has less react time: with means you only have 10
seconds instead of 15 to make your choice of move and do it before moving on.)

TK (Teak Kyon, i'm so coooool!i!)
The idea is you gotta jump into your enemy, it's harder than classic, you start 80 Cm's further apart so you gotta take a skip
hop and a leap to get to your enemy. you still have the same amount as time so you gotta get there fast! once there it's often
hard to take on your enemy anyway so this isn't a choice for new players. once you got landing and jumping masted you can go
there with ease

Judo: (PAWNAGE RAWR METALICA!)
you start REALY close together with 1000 frames start!! your 20 cm closer and your turns last 70 frames! (1.1 seconds max fps)
at this range you need REALY good moves, that are WAY different to classic or TK moves, you gotta think on your feet, or in air
land with only half your body, relax when needed, know when and when Not to grip, and be able to play pro! some moves in
this are insane, moves that split you in half after 140 frames (2 turns) and moves that (i know this one ;) ) decap you in one
turn!!

you need to be pro... or come in and get Ur a** kicked by me I'd like that =P

That's it for multilayer section for now... again request for things to be added or i will my self when i find things while playing...

OMG A MOVES SECTION WOOOOOOOOO!!

OK, i tricked you ha ha it's actually a D-I-Y section now... this is how to MAKE your OWN god dam moves.

right, as posted by Cevius::

A good part of winning a lot is just luck. Skill can only get you so far when one wrong move can have your head flying across the room. The true skill is to watch, observe, and predict. Each player usually has 5-6 main moves they use and variations of those moves. You just have to hope that what you do is the right move to take out the opponent, block their attack, or leave you with most of your limbs attached.(cheers)

To add to this I'm going to tell you how to invent moves...

First off, just mucking around helps a lot, but you do need to know what to look out for...

defending on your first turn and attacking the next often gets you the best results, that's what i find anyway.
looking at attacks people use against you on multilayer you can see ofter on the first move people will try to grab head, arms, legs, or body... legs and body are unlikely tho, all you gotta do now is find out a block to these or a counter, in single you can make uke do the move you wanna fight against, then select your self and try to defend against it...

do what people don't expect, that often gets good results...

study moves, as the person in the list ahead of you starts up a streak, watch there start move, then you can figure out what to do.

small movements = less chance to get thrown, staying on the ground leaves you in control, but jump can give you a good attack, find out how you do best.

and that's basically it...

remember::
at the start of the match contracting ur pecs can be a good move, u can catch there arms, make sure you set your hands to grab tho.

also these moves are to start you off, develop! improvise! improve! make your own god dam moves!

PSS: sorry about the bad spelling. (Which ManBreakfast (also)fixed! Hooray!)

Credits:

Purely made by: Sieg [PF]
Tutorial made by: Sieg of the [PF] clan, this has been a [PF] Production.

spell checking and editing by: ManBreakfast
co spell checking and editing by: Google toolbar / sieg

DIY moves section: Foxie, Cevius, Sieg

additions by: foxie, n0 one, with, Sieg, Cevius
much useful information by: slainveteran, Cevius

sEcHiAl tHaNkS!!!!>>

Firefox
google
hampa
Foxie
Flagg (for teaching a badly needed lesson)
Cevius
and: you!

I am still excepting new things from any players, if you are new have ago at the forums and reply posting your thoughts, or if your not new pleas go ahead and add to the benefit of this.

Cheers-- Sieg Wahrheit

Dance to victory! - *pfpf*
Re: ?NOOBS START HERE?:: !i!i!i -- mabby this topic should be made into a sticky
lol - also "Lot of Laugh"
Re: ?NOOBS START HERE?:: !i!i!i -- mabby this topic should be made into a sticky
Originally Posted by With
lol - also "Lot of Laugh"

cheers, added that , rgr and added "leet speak"

Modify:
added uber, pawnage and ownage, now gdgd

Modify: added section on controll
Let's see about cleaning the grammar and spelling a bit :P Paragraphs are okay though... and "LOL" means Laughing Out Loud.

That, and ''noob'' is a term for an experienced, or semi-experienced player acting like a complete newbie-stereotype. Like trolling meanlessly et.c.

Took a bit of right in my own hands to fix some of these, good one, but really does need grammar and spellcheck.
What what? In the butt.
Originally Posted by Sieg Storm of the chaos legion
Ok, these are my amazing'o'tips'o'teh'day --(what?)

Right. First off, the "C" key: pressing "C" on your keyboard will tense all muscles, or if tensed relax them.
NOTE: being tensed is good if you're about to hit someone and you don't have any chance of ripping your self apart...
NOTE2: being relaxed is good if your going to get hit, often people will go for a limb thats wacked out there and if you have it tensed, it WILL break.

okie doky, that's basic stuff, now more of it:

Moving basics:

Personally, I choose to move legs and arms for my results, but there are many small things that make all the difference.

Moving your neck and abs can be the deciding factor in this game.

Grabbing and ungrabbing is VERY important (click on your hand it changes shape to grab or ungrab mode)

Ankles can make you push against the floor, even jump or hit slightly lower.

Knowing when to move:

For knowing when to move you MUST watch the preplay, to see the preplay of both you and the enemy you press "B".
NOTE: This only works if you're not actually fighting. When fighting a match, the "b" key does nothing.

Also this comes from experience... playing in single isn't bad experience for learning moves.

INVENT: I've seen so many people just not inventing anything new, personally I haven't found any better moves than the ones I have made, but I'm always looking.

That's some stuff that will help you on your way to becoming a master...

Interesting things, also important to people that hurt themselves often.

USE YOUR BODY, the closer the part you move to your body, the more power and control it adds, the further they are the less control you have!!

Kicking yourself apart? Stop moving your leg backwards and using knee, if you can't help it then move your leg or knee and relax the other.

Foot smash owch I stubbed my marshmallow? Ok, don't kick the floor, it hurts.

YAWHHAHA I'm GonA RipMyLegs off!?: Just ungrip your hands for f*cks sake.

Oops, there go my hands... (IMPORTANT) If your hands hit each other, be sure to ungrip or they will break, or relax your wrists if your going to hit someone, less chance of your hand flying off.

Lastly, if you ARE going to lose a leg, hope you lose the whole thing, not just half, you can then move your leg and avoid DQ.

GAME TERMINOLOGY::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::--:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::

AFK = Away From Keyboard
BRB = Be Right Back
GF = Good Fight
GG = Good Game
lol = Laugh Out Loud -or- Lots Of Laugh, apparently!
rofl = Roll On Floor Laughing
lmao = Laugh My Ass Off
DQ = Disqualified
Dismemberment (or Rip/ripp) = body part (informal) or limb (formal) fallen or taken off, (taking a body part would be a ripp)
DECAP//DECAPITATION:: I'm friggin pissed off with people saying "OMG DECAP" when someone loses a leg... DECAP = HEAD OFF STUPID NOOOOBS
Noob/nub/n00b = new player (formal), idiot (informal)
Omg / omfg = Oh My God //or// Oh My F*cking God!
rgr = roger (as in roger that)
uber = uber, like elite
pawnage = a pawn, the chess piece, if someone pawns you then they control you
Ownage = same thing as pawnage
gdgd = Good Good

NEW: "leet speek"

intro, leet means elite, it's a small group, and I'm making it bigger.
the whole point is to speek like ASSCI code, or to make numbers and symbols into letters and words.

so, I can't do every word but I can give you some idea:
1337, I've shown you

|-| is an H
\/ is a V
/\ is A or you can use 4
S is 5
0 = o
>< = X
|_ = L

and it goes on and on, with this you have to invent, make it up yourself.

And there you have it, if you need anything else request it by posting or RTFM

... oh yea RTFM = Read The F*cking Manual

PSS: sorry about the bad spelling. (Which ManBreafkast fixed! Hooray!)

CHAOS: Sieg
[PF]

Tutorial made by: Sieg of the [PF] clan, this has been a [PF] Production.

there. I have fixed all spelling errors. Just quote me, and delete the little "[quote(whatever html garbage)][/quote]" things at the beginning and end, and copy+paste it in.

I'm ever-so-helpful.
Manbreakfast, i really hate to say this, but while you posted the message i was already halfway fixing the errors... and abusing the post in many hideous manners.

But you'll receive a virtual hug for your effort-
*hug*
What what? In the butt.
1337 5P34|< 15 4 73|-| 6h3Â¥5
Originally Posted by Sieg Storm of the chaos legion
NEW: "leet speek"

intro, leet means elite, it's a small group, and I'm making it bigger.
the whole point is to speek like ASSCI code, or to make numbers and symbols into letters and words.

so, I can't do every word but I can give you some idea:
1337, I've shown you

|-| is an H
\/ is a V
/\ is A or you can use 4
S is 5
0 = o
>< = X
|_ = L

1337 5P34|< 15 4 73|-| 6h3Â¥5

i really hate leet. :o
I has a flavour
I sure do aswell... :P
What what? In the butt.
Re: ?NOOBS START HERE?:: !i!i!i -- mabby this topic should be made into a sticky?
ahh well, might as well put it down if i'm covering all game termanolagy
If you contract your ankle you can avoid the "Kicking your own leg off."