Toribash
Original Post
volt's PovRay Thread
NOTE: With the release of Toribash 3.0 there has been an addition called "Shaders" that use a file with the extension ".inc". THESE ARE NOT THOSE FILES! These .inc files are for the program Pov-Ray.

I'm kind of liking this Povray thing. Here is where I'll post everything I do with Pov-Ray.

I would love feedback! Also if you have an idea for an .inc, you can have me make it for you!

Here is a list of movies I've made so far, in order:
Link : Sambo Showdown replay
Link : Replay demonstrating red dismember joints and DQ circle
Link : Replay demonstrating red dismember joints, DQ circle, and first-person point-of-view camera
Link : Aikido Attack replay using dojo.inc (Public .inc, see attachment)
Link : Various soccer kick replays using outdoorsoccer.inc
Link : skyscraper.inc video render
Link : Sumo video rendered with dojo.inc
Link : Panorama of finished skyscraper.inc
Link : Panorama of finished fishbowl.inc
Link : Hampa's kick rendered with realtoribash.inc

Here are all of the .incs that I've wished to make public. If you enjoy my .incs please donate! The more I receive in donations, the longer I'll want to keep coming out with awesome .incs! Donate by using the Utilities menu in the Torishop to send toricredits to me.

-------------------------------------------

dojo.inc

Notes:
- please read the top of the .inc for full instructions
- if you are getting only a gray image rendered, it means that the camera is outside of the room. this means make dojosize bigger or re-record your .pov to not be so far zoomed out
- NEW 8/10/07: new quality=1 setting that looks pretty good for not using radiosity
- NEW 8/12/07: Fixed door and belt case for non-default room size (thanks noweb)

skyscraper.inc

Notes:
- When recording the .pov try to make sure that anything that hits the ground far away from the middle of the start of the fight is out of sight of the camera
- Keep in mind that you should record your .pov for this .inc from a pretty good distance away. you might need to alter the height of the camera as described in the .inc

fishbowl.inc

-only use this for pictures, unless you are incredibly patient.
-this is the beta version, post problems and i'll fix them. make sure you include what line you have the error and what the error is!
-you also need this image: http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1728/torilogorn6.png

realtoribash.inc

-this one's simple
Attached Files
skyscraper.zip (3.5 KB, 252 views)
dojo.zip (75.7 KB, 294 views)
fishbowl.zip (2.6 KB, 121 views)
realtoribash.zip (1.4 KB, 213 views)
Last edited by volt; Oct 29, 2007 at 05:41 AM.
Hi. I used to be a damn good mod (wayback 2008 and earlier) and then veb made me not a mod.
Been playing competitive Team Fortress 2.
The videos and .inc are great. Keep it up!
凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAISE LID 凸[◣_◢]凸 FUCK THA HATERS 凸[◣_◢]凸 PUT THIS IN YO SIG IF U DOWN 凸[◣_◢]凸
Here's LonelyDucky's render on request:
Last edited by volt; Jul 29, 2007 at 02:16 PM.
Hi. I used to be a damn good mod (wayback 2008 and earlier) and then veb made me not a mod.
Nice rays

I might just as well post some of my own
They take like 10 hours each to render (no lies), so.. :P
Sorry for low-res (youtube :/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2kg_HGr0-c
somethings up with the .inc
When I run it, this comes up in yellow.

#declare joint=joint+1;

any ideas as to way?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Render © Nerfnow: Website
The video runs at 1 frame a second for me on putfile, which isn't exactly "good".
JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST
Originally Posted by hyperviper View Post
somethings up with the .inc
When I run it, this comes up in yellow.

#declare joint=joint+1;

any ideas as to way?

#declare joint=0 beforehand

(the above line is in head.inc)

the top of my povs read:

#include <incname>.inc
#include head.inc
Attached Files
head.zip (940 Bytes, 77 views)
Ah, never looked at that. I phailed =/.
New problem, I cant my joints to be seperate colours, like yours on the video.
Last edited by hyperviper; Jul 29, 2007 at 07:28 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Render © Nerfnow: Website
I'm really busy with this new idea I just had... I'll look at the incs later

Here's a teaser of what's to come:

And here's a first person video
http://media.putfile.com/jposhkickpov
Last edited by volt; Jul 29, 2007 at 09:18 PM.
Here's my latest, an exploration of different ways to work with the camera using the position and look_at lines.

This one doesn't come with incs because I had to do three sets, one each for the standard, point-of-view, and fixed (shown in that order).

The standard inc set took the camera position and look_at from the pov saved by Toribash.

The point-of-view inc set placed the camera just behind the center of the head (location <rot9-.3*rot1, -rot10-.3*rot4, rot11+.3*rot7>, must be used within the BodySphere #macro for head) and it looked straight forward and a little down (look_at <rot9+rot1,-rot10+rot4,rot11-rot7-.15>, also used within #BodySphere macro)

The third was a trial-and-error camera that pictured the fight as well as the landing location, and gave me a blank area at the top left of the screen for a point-of-view replay overlay.

Enjoy.
http://media.putfile.com/jposhkickfinal