Ranking
Original Post
Grenade Script+Mod
Here is a little project iI'm working on...

The replay looks a little glitchy due to the warping of the hand, and from the joint size change. The hand actually ended up at uke's feet in SP before it boomed.

I'm not ready to release this yet, but its a good look at whats to come.
Attached Files
 ____  _____  __  __  _  _  ___  _  _ 
(  _ \(  _  )(  )(  )( \( )/ __)( \/ )
 ) _ < )(_)(  )(__)(  )  (( (__  \  / 
(____/(_____)(______)(_)\_)\___) (__) 
Heres a new rpl, and I decided to post the script and mod. Enter game settings, run the mod, then run the script, then start a new game. Here is the settings:

Match frames 500
Turn frames 10
Dismemberment 1
Fracture 1
Disqualification 0
DM threshold 50
Frac threshold 30
Engage dist 600

Relax first turn, put the grenade in a better spot on your hand to throw... Nade goes boom at 350, so make sure it is closer to uke then you at that time lol....
Attached Files
grenade.tbm (112 Bytes, 550 views)
Last edited by NewbLuck; Jun 23, 2007 at 11:03 AM.
And one more post for the last file, 2 files max :/

P.S. If someone is reading this that has the power to do this, it would be nice to have .lua added to the allowed filetypes for attaching
Attached Files
grenade.rar (405 Bytes, 546 views)
Last edited by NewbLuck; Jun 23, 2007 at 10:54 AM. Reason: p.s.
The hand DM at the start took the most figuring out. To get it to DM, i just applied a strong upwards force to the hand and a strong downwards force to the tricep in the mod.

At turn 2, so it has enough time to dm and w/e, I move the position of the hand with set_body_pos to right in front of the right hand, and I force grabby on the right hand also.

When turn 350 comes around, I enlarged the wrist joint size to 3.5 radius, and the hand box to 2.5,2.5,2.5. I let it go for 10 turns, then set the joint radius back, then 10 turns later I set the hand size back. I enlarged both hoping for mor damage for a more accurate throw.

Also, throughout the whole thing, I am making sure left hand does not get grabby by forcing a ungrabby on that hand each frame, because i feel just doing it would take less cpu than checking each frame and setting if needed.

I still have to rig up uke, but that wont take much more work. After i get him rigged, I will polish it up a bit and then move on to what I really intended to do in the first place, which is remotely triggered grenades. Going to set it up so you press a key on the keyboard, and it will blow up the 'grenade'. Not that hard of a mod now.

Anyway, back to scripting for me.
Whoa, remote triggered bombs! Awesome!
lol look at this replay, the grenade gets stuck between ukes arm and head, then goes off!
Last edited by Jam0864; Sep 30, 2007 at 04:20 AM.
DD i love it . heres a sucky replay from me, i had to have uke hold the grenade because i suck at throwing

edit: in the replay it looks like it hits the floor :s
Attached Files
Ishi-Grenade.rpl (44.7 KB, 106 views)

[T]
#hi

What can I say? Well done!

I would've never thought that would work. Through my experience, I thought it would just phase through, but apparently not. And that gives me ideas. Time to Lua.