Toribash
Originally Posted by GuyX View Post
This head's got a first form which I've already sold.

I think that would be illegal ...
( Unless you changed it a lot )

I'm sorry if I am mistaking
well... you can always get a brush and delete the shape of the hair and then make the bandana thingy on top, which makes it look more realistic
I'm Tasty and I know it.
I like Rocks.

Shit & stuff

Pointing out why you shouldn't use drop shadow. Also the hair at the top of the head should be below the bandage 'cause otherwise it looks like his hair is eating it :d.
I'm back and stuff, it's probably temporary.
The two are very different. I didn't take the first head and modify,I actually planed two heads from the start.
The first has straighter hair,totally different face,no tribal and has nothing tied over the hair,plus,in addition to all this,the second head has a darker skin tone.
I would have made a third but then I would have to add horns and longer ears an stuff which is something I wanted to avoid. This is the reason I put a cloth over his head. I hate the way ears look on the sphere,but by tying the cloth over them,this brings my head closer to perfection. Closer.

Cerberus,wouldn't that make it cheaper? I think I should at least try to make it better .

People,believe it or not,this was the first time using drop shadow. I have only just started making heads and taking art seriously and It has only just hit me that I could use layers. I never used any of this on the first form,I did everything on one layer...with a mouse...and the process was.. a..bitch.
Give me time. I have so much room to grow.
The bandage is fine, you shouldn't exclude it. It's just that top part that really looks awkward, especially w/ the drop shadow. Drop shadow is evil, try to avoid it.
You know,I thought what I did on top was awesome. Lol Its amazing that you were able to see that,damn. You real pushing up the stand,huh? That's what I want. Nice.
Originally Posted by GuyX View Post
The two are very different. I didn't take the first head and modify,I actually planed two heads from the start.
The first has straighter hair,totally different face,no tribal and has nothing tied over the hair,plus,in addition to all this,the second head has a darker skin tone.
I would have made a third but then I would have to add horns and longer ears an stuff which is something I wanted to avoid. This is the reason I put a cloth over his head. I hate the way ears look on the sphere,but by tying the cloth over them,this brings my head closer to perfection. Closer.

Cerberus,wouldn't that make it cheaper? I think I should at least try to make it better .

People,believe it or not,this was the first time using drop shadow. I have only just started making heads and taking art seriously and It has only just hit me that I could use layers. I never used any of this on the first form,I did everything on one layer...with a mouse...and the process was.. a..bitch.
Give me time. I have so much room to grow.

no, how it is makes it cheaper, because it looks bad. more shading doesn't mean it more expensive, good shading and good mapping, which makes it look good means more expensive... A totally epic shaded head, but, with huge flaws in mapping isn't worth much, maybe nothing at all, don't forget this is a game, you are textures for THE GAME, so, actually, mapping is more important than totally awesome shading.

and what i'm saying is not to delete the whole hair and but bandages above it, no, what I mean is you to delete the bad part, which is the hair with drop shadows, and make it look like the bandage is above it, which will make it look good.

besides if you want max payment for a head it needs to be almost perfect ( since perfect things don't exist ), which leads us to the next part: The face

eyes are poorly shaded, and yes, I know you used mouse, and yes I know it's difficult to work with it, so just don't expect to get max payment where there are ppl with tablets, which overcome the mouse's skills :>

great head tho
I'm Tasty and I know it.
I like Rocks.
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
blah blah blah

besides if you want max payment for a head it needs to be almost perfect ( since perfect things don't exist ), which leads us to the next part: The face

eyes are poorly shaded, and yes, I know you used mouse, and yes I know it's difficult to work with it, so just don't expect to get max payment where there are ppl with tablets, which overcome the mouse's skills :>

I have to disagree with you about the eyes. The eyes aren't poorly shaded- it's just the face that lacks shading it's just that the face is a very tight canvas, making it hard to find areas to properly shade (especially because of the bandages). And the shadows you used on the eyes don't cope with the hair, which makes it look like you were trying to use 2 completely different styles that just don't intertwine. Here's something to use as a reference:

Reference

Notice the shadows under da hair.
Last edited by tarektarek; Jan 18, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
The reason I didn't shade the face too much is because it only looks right on the flat. When looked at from an angle on the sphere the lighting doesn't make sense. In texture,the most important thing to realise(I think,well for me) is that since our canvas has a limit,our shading is suppose to have a limit as well.

Same thing goes for the hair. Gaara's hair was shaded with a specific point of illumination in mind. When he turns his head the shading changes,too.
See,by using drop shadow I feel like it better suits the toribash needs. I just need to perfect it.