Toribash
Original Post
+performance problems2
My game runs at about 10 fps when the 2 tori's collide, or even if the 2 previews are on...

i have a dual core 3.40gHz and 2gb of ram
my videocard is a radeon sapphire with 256mb

all my other games run perfectly with relatively high quality graphics, but this one, even with everything turned off runs at 10 fps even in offline mode

do u know if the game runs on openGL and if i can change it to direct x?

i scanned my pc with several antivirus and antispyware and its clean

please help me
Well I think its your video card what makes the game slower.

Are you running shaders?

Also check if there is something in your stderr.txt (toribash folder).

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

yup, there is

parse_mod_cmd no op found dismember 1
Unable to open replay/exit.rpl

ODE Message 3: LCP internal error, s <= 0 (s=0.0000e+000)

Originally Posted by melga View Post
My game runs at about 10 fps when the 2 tori's collide, or even if the 2 previews are on...

i have a dual core 3.40gHz and 2gb of ram
my videocard is a radeon sapphire with 256mb

all my other games run perfectly with relatively high quality graphics, but this one, even with everything turned off runs at 10 fps even in offline mode

do u know if the game runs on openGL and if i can change it to direct x?

i scanned my pc with several antivirus and antispyware and its clean

please help me

its a sapphire radeon 9600 xt, forgot to mention that

Originally Posted by melga View Post
yup, there is

Unable to open replay/exit.rpl

on the other hand, the file stdout.txt is empty
Last edited by SlipAnc; Jul 9, 2009 at 09:46 PM.
Ah, a 9600...

There's the bottleneck.

If you're running shaders turn off a few of the shader options & that'll speed it up. 9600's are the minimum ATI card for shaders, so it's being push pretty hard running them.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by skulfuk View Post
Ah, a 9600...

There's the bottleneck.

If you're running shaders turn off a few of the shader options & that'll speed it up. 9600's are the minimum ATI card for shaders, so it's being push pretty hard running them.

i have ALL the video settings turned down, and btw, that folder that guy told me, it only has anything write in it sometimes

Are there any performance tweaks that I can apply with a HEX editor or TXT editor? Any help with this would be strongly appreciated.
Last edited by SlipAnc; Jul 9, 2009 at 09:46 PM.
Nope, nothing at all to be changed. You could tweak your driver's GL settings, but be careful because turning them too low will make the text unreadable.

Really you should be getting a way higher frame rate, your PC's got a way higher spec than this one (that I'm sat at now) & I get a solid 60fps on it.

Regarding that ^ It's a physics engine error - happens when 2 objects collide & some thing's not set right, more than likely when you've been playing a mod (or got a replay from a mod) that was made by a 3rd party. *wishes people would check their mods before releasing >.> *

Could be something as daft as your computer throttling because it's hot, it's kinda hard to say.

What's the average FPS you get with shaders off? And have you tried running the game at 30fps as well as 60fps?

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by skulfuk View Post
Nope, nothing at all to be changed. You could tweak your driver's GL settings, but be careful because turning them too low will make the text unreadable.

Really you should be getting a way higher frame rate, your PC's got a way higher spec than this one (that I'm sat at now) & I get a solid 60fps on it.

Regarding that ^ It's a physics engine error - happens when 2 objects collide & some thing's not set right, more than likely when you've been playing a mod (or got a replay from a mod) that was made by a 3rd party. *wishes people would check their mods before releasing >.> *

Could be something as daft as your computer throttling because it's hot, it's kinda hard to say.

What's the average FPS you get with shaders off? And have you tried running the game at 30fps as well as 60fps?

whats that about the GL? cause when i run a game on open GL it lag's, it is gay, it is slow, even in offline
when i put it in direct x it becomes perfect, can i do this on toribash?
with ALL the video options off, i have the same 10 fps, with 30 as well as 60 fps.

and yes, my computer looks like a hoven, i must clean the inside one of this days.

but is there a possibility that it will improve if i erase the replays?
Last edited by melga; Jul 9, 2009 at 11:58 PM.
Dont think so, since the replays are plain text files, they dont matter much.

Try messing with the GFX card's settings, see if you can improve it if you put performance or even high performance on the 3D options.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Right click your desktop (an area without any icons).

Select properties.

Select the tab on the far right & you'll find a button to get to some more settings (can't remember the name - not on a Windows machine ATM)

You'll find a load of extra ATI config stuff there. You only need to change ones that are for OpenGL - leave the DirectX stuff alone.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you