Toribash
Original Post
Not sure...everything is working..
Well, i've just come upon Toribash while looking for a new 'fighting' game.
Looked pretty wicked, so I decided to come on through and check it out.

Everything looks good, but...I have no clue as to what to do...
Every time i go to one of the school programs (in-game) my character is either stuck in a never ending fall...or I can't move them, or some text pops up, and it doesn't give me any other instruction like "Welcome to Toribash"

Yea...what do I do to get myself going?
The in-game tutorials, aren't very good in my opinion.

Press C to make your tori hold all his joints, this will stop him from falling over. From the main menu select multiplayer, and enter a beginner server. The best way to learn is to fight players at your own level.
Sure thing, I'll let you know what happens.

For some reason, I can't figure out the basic controls...
I must be retarded or something, this is too much

Posts merged ~Fee
Last edited by Fee; Dec 1, 2009 at 02:37 PM.
Simple answer to that is, this game doesn't have simple controls. It's very difficult but ultimately rewarding to learn. Also, please use the edit button when posting twice in succession, double posting is frowned upon here.
Hey, I'll help you out. I'm still a learning Toribashian, but I've gotten through the basics, anyway.

Keyboard arrows=camera control. Shift+keyboard arrows up&down=camera tilt. C=hold/relax all. X=hold/relax the joint your mouse is currently over. V=apply force to the joint your mouse is currently over. Force=extend/contract. I.E. move one way or the other.

Unlike in reality, all joints in Toribash are all hinge joints, in which they can only move two directions. For example, for shoulders, you can't actually move them forwards and backwards on their own, like you could IRL. You have to use the pecs to move your shoulders in and out. In this sense, I guess it's a bit like muscle groups...they can only contract or extend. So you have to think of what muscles you use to bend in real life to do moves...and I mean ALL the muscles. xD It's a little tricky at first, but practice really is key here. And once you get it, the results can be AMAZING. I'll trade some tips with you if you want later on tonight...I should be online Tori after about 9PM CST.
the tutorials actually work if you wait long enough a button will pop up by the text and you press that to get to the next text where you have to wait again...
I'm on a quest to make a clan that will rival the power of [rawr] any name ideas? PM me
Not the first tut....not unless you have 3.8. At least 3.0 didn't work for me...all we did was bump heads.
For me, the tutorial is nothing but two people standing, and 1 line of text.
For...about 15 minutes, while i try and figure things out.

Well, i've tryed this for long enough. Apparently I am retarded, can't seem to figure this out. Un-installed Toribash.
Take care folks, thanks for tryin.
Last edited by Boondoxkilla; Dec 2, 2009 at 10:49 AM.
Wait a minute. Don't quit that easily. Seriously. The first tut is wonky. It doesn't work right for the version of Tori on the website.