Toribash
Original Post
Quick question about frame skipping...
I tried to set frame skipping but it always goes back to 0... Are you soposed to set it to 1 to turn it on... or set it to a number to tell how many frames to skip?... And why wont either work? (By the way, yes I did search the forums) Oh, and I'm using Toribash 3.05...

And also... will shaders work with more computers in later releases?...
1. Frame skipping:
Change frame skipping to 1, and press ENTER to save.
(You can also type from within Toribash, when the menu doesn't appear: /fs 1)

2. Shaders compatibility
Hopefully, we'll support more graphics card that CAN run the shaders.
Some of them, just were not built to handle the number of instructions that our shaders have.
Ah thank you... I just realized after comparing the game with /fs 1 and /fs 0, there was a difference... but its not the graphics thats making it slow, its the physics (like when 2 people are grappling onto each other and attacking)...

But I was wondering... Can't the shaders run on graphics cards that cant handle it, even if it runs at just 1 frame per second? Why is it completely disabled?
They did that when Toribash 3.0 first came out and it crashes for lots of people.
its not that the graphics card isnt fast enough, its that the card isnt POWERFUL enough.

Its like ur 2 year old brother (ur graphics card) attempting to bowl a 12 pound bowling ball (shaders), he cant bowl it slowly, he cant lift it AT ALL in the first place. (haha no shaders for joo!)

What im trying to say is; it just cant handle the intense pressure these graphics put on it, AT ALL.

~Jam0864
Last edited by Jam0864; Nov 22, 2007 at 11:11 AM.