Ranking
Original Post
+Privacy
Just wondering how much privacy are the toribash players really getting? Like if Administrators wanted to can they read our Pms? Also if we are in a room with an Admin can they see what we type when we whisper?

How much privacy are we actually getting?
I like doing art and stuff| GATA |... My Deviant Art Http://Riqochaii.Deviantart.com/
Originally Posted by LILTERROR View Post
Just wondering how much privacy are the toribash players really getting? Like if Administrators wanted to can they read our Pms? Also if we are in a room with an Admin can they see what we type when we whisper?

How much privacy are we actually getting?

Specially selected administrators have full access to your account. These administrators are selected for their trustworthiness and knowledge of what's morally acceptable and what isn't.

Whispers in a room are not visible to admins ingame, however it is likely that they are saved in the logs.

This is about as much privacy as you'll get on any average website. Your IP address, where you live, whether or not you're lying about where you live, what you like to do: everything is eventually determinable by anyone who's dedicated enough to try.

Toribash, however, has enough of a reputation to uphold and decent enough admins that there's no reason for us to go into petty identity theft for any reason, and the tools that have been supplied to the admins that would allow them to access "private" information are only used when there is no alternative to doing so to solve a problem.

However, I would like to remind you that absolutely everything you do on any website is stored at least four times, and likely more: HTTPd logs, system connection logs, ISP logs on both ends, and any logging done by databases, data miners, spyware you might have, et cetera.

If you really want to be paranoid, go ahead, but there's no reason for us to invade your "privacy". It'd be pointless and most of us don't really want to know what's in your PM box. I say "privacy" because the PMs are stored on Nabi's database, and last I checked Nabi's property. If you wish to hold a private conversation, please do so in real life, over email, or over a secure connection set up yourself with proper knowledge of the security mechanisms involved.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!