Toribash
Original Post
2 quick questions
1.What's a bumpmap?
2.What's a noob - my friend asked me what's a noob, i just didn't know how to put it
Bumpmap is an effect on art that let's it look like there is a light source being shone on it.

A noob is a term that many people use to refer to players who don't know much about the game. A beginner. A lot of people try to use it as an insult like "haha u suck u noob!" but really it just means you are new to the game.
A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
Originally Posted by Kelthazad View Post
1.What's a bumpmap?
2.What's a noob - my friend asked me what's a noob, i just didn't know how to put it

Bumpmap. These are textured items that add a look of 3d to an object. Think of a golf ball. You know how there are dimples? Without a bumpmap, they would look like circles. With a bumpmap they look like actual dimples. It just adds more of a 3d look.

What Jimbobwe described sounds more like reflection.

Noob, a slang term for a newcomer to an Internet activity, for example online gaming. It can also be used to indicate an individual inexperienced in any other activity. It can have derogatory connotations, but is also often used for descriptive purposes only, without a value judgment.

Want to try something completely new to the Toribash Forums? Try the 10 Push-up Challenge!

Unbelieveable, thanks for the in-depth answers, ...
-----
I've got 2 more:
-why are there only 500TC tournaments
-I was rank 615 when i turned off the game, when I logged on 2 hours later I was rank 14588, why?
Last edited by Kelthazad; Jan 9, 2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
-why are there only 500TC tournaments
-I was rank 615 when i turned off the game, when I logged on 2 hours later I was rank 14588, why?

they are 500 because that is the way that hampa has set the servers up

also that is probably because you lost more games then you won.
the more qi that you have the less your rank will move per win and loss.
Originally Posted by Kelthazad View Post
I know I'm bothering all of you, but i've got 2 more:
-whats flamming
-whats bumping

1. Flaming, insulting, bad words, etc..

2. Bumping, if a thread is old you bump it for more people to see it, be aware you can get infracted if you do a illegal bump.

Also, you must have a a legitimate reason to bump a thread

If you mean by the flame, just ask.
Last edited by EmpireSlay; Jan 9, 2011 at 08:06 PM.
Rainbowdash
Call me lLlLlLlLl because I spit straight bars when i rap or call me $tr8B@rz
Most of the answers are correct, I do have small additions:
Bumpmap: It's a kind of texture you have to make with special software. It creates the illusion of depth, but it doesn't alter the actual model of the object, it just alters the shading.
Noob: Not necessarily a person who's new, more a person who's annoying, most people described a Newbie, that's someone who's actually new and unfamiliar with the game.
Flaming [not flamming] is insulting another person over the internet, with hurting as main goal.
Bumping: Have you noticed the structure of the forums? Every board has got a list of "threads" the thread on top is the latest thread someone posted it. Bumping a thread means bringing it up in the list of threads.
-legal bump/illegal bump: You can legally bump in the market section, for instance if you're trying to sell something, but noone wants to buy. If you bump 24 hours after the last post, this is legal, if you bump before 24 hours have passed since the last post, this is illegal.
-Necroing:This is bumping a thread over 2 weeks old.
f=m*a syens